The 9to5 team wanted to remind our readers of the official Apple refurbished goods eBay store. It is believed that Apple is experimenting with the idea offering their refurbished items on the online marketplace. Over the past couple of months this account has posted a variety of iPads, Macs, iPods and more. We have seen Airport Expresses and Apple TVs posted.
Every item listed is eligible for a 14 day return policy and receives a full 1 year warranty from Apple (just like a brand new unit). Please see below for a full outline of the criteria Apple places on their refurbished devices. Most of these devices are offered at a heavy discount. You can check out the latest availability and discounts here.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product is:
- fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
- refurbished with replacement parts as needed, including a brand new battery.
- returned to “like-new” condition.
- given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
- placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
- repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
- shipped with the original iOS offered with that system.
- What to expect from an Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
- Substantial savings
- A fully-functional unit with complete documentation
- The assurance that the unit meets Apple’s premiere quality standards