Earlier this year, Akai released an iPad app based on its famous midi sampler technology. The company has been a staple in music production for over 20 years now, with its hardware samplers regarded as some of the best and most popular in the industry. Now the company has brought this tech to your iPhone.
iMPC for iPhone comes packed with over 1,200 samples, 80 editable sequences and 50 customizable program banks, not to mention Akai’s legendary quantization swings. Just like its iPad counterpart, it will allow for standard sampling through your devices mic, line input, and using the internal sampler to grab clips from your iTunes library. Along with the multi-touch turntable sampler, drag and drop UI functionality and built-in effects processing, iMPC for iPhone’s pads are pressure sensitive with 16 levels of pitch, velocity, attack and release. More details below.
Turn your iPhone into an MPC… iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats.
• More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Exciting “3D Perform” controls — use your iPhone’s motion sensors to control parameters!
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps