Now just days after the 50% off iPassword for Mac sale ended, developer AgileBits is dropping half off both the OS X and iOS versions of its popular password security app in the aftermath of the massive Heartbleed bug. As Apple has confirmed that none of its software or services are susceptible to the vulnerability, Agile has now updated the 1Password listing on both the Mac App Store and App Store to reflect the 50% discount.
1Password on iOS is available today for $9 down from its usual $18 and the Mac version drops is just $25 down from $50. Both versions rarely see discounts this deep, the Mac version is the lowest we’ve seen outside of special bundle deals and launch pricing and the iOS version is within a dollar of the lowest we’ve ever seen it.
The 9to5Mac team loves this app for its simplicity, ease of use and rock solid security. 1Password acts as a vault for all of your website logins, credit card information and other confidential data. Features:
- Create strong, unique passwords for every site
- Secure your data behind a single Master Password
- Protect yourself with tamper-proof Authenticated 256-bit AES Encryption
- Auto-Lock keeps your data protected even if your Mac is lost or stolen
- Use Security Audit to make your passwords stronger
Mac: 1Password: $25 (Reg. $50)
iOS Universal: 1Password: $9 (Reg. $18)
Agile is also offering deals on both the Windows and Android 1Password apps.