The king of multi-room audio systems just became more affordable. Amazon is now offering a free gift card (up to $50) with the purchase of any SONOS product. Today’s sale is particularly noteworthy since SONOS speakers and home theater components are rarely discounted.
Our top pick is the SONOS PLAY:5 with a $50 Amazon gift card for $499 shipped (effective price for speaker $449). It’s the latest creation to come out of SONOS with a completely redesigned internal speaker system. It has six “smartly synchronized” drivers that work in conjunction with Trueplay for a sound “that’s true to the music.”
Like the rest of SONOS’ speaker lineup, it is controlled via the free iOS/Android app that provides access to Spotify, Pandora, and many more including Apple Music. On the back, you’ll find a 3.5mm input, which is perfect for streaming alternative sources like a turntable.
- SONOS PLAY:1 w/ $20 Gift Card – $199 (effective price for speaker $179)
- SONOS PLAY:3 w/ $30 Gift Card – $299 (effective price for speaker $269)
- SONOS PLAY:5 w/ $50 Gift Card – $499 (effective price for speaker $449)
- SONOS PLAYBAR w/ $50 Gift Card – $699 (effective price for sound bar $649)
- SONOS SUB w/ $50 Gift Card – $699 (effective price for subwoofer $649)
Amazon is slashing prices for dozens of CamelBak products down to the lowest we’ve seen this year, including some of the most popular Hydration Packs. Today’s sale is a great opportunity to refresh your cycling or hiking gear ahead of summer.
Our favorite deal from the bunch is the CamelBak Hydrobak Hydration Pack for $35.99 (Reg. $49). Free shipping is available for Prime members and on orders of at least $49. It’s rated 4.4 out of 5 stars from 274 Amazon reviewers.
Other top deals include:
- CamelBak Rogue Hydration Pack: $51.99 (Reg. $69)
- CamelBak Classic Hydration Pack: $43.99 (Reg. $59)
- CamelBak M.U.L.E. Hydration Pack: $80.99 (Reg. $109)
- … and everything else …
Walmart offers the Sun Joe 22-inch 3.5A Electric Hedge Trimmer for $29 with free in-store pickup. For comparison, it typically sells for around $50 at retailers like Home Depot. Today’s deal is the best available.
It’s the time of the year when trimming your shrubs actually matters. After a long winter, it’s time to tidy up the lawn. This corded trimmer offers 3.5A of power and a 22-inch stainless steel blade. A two-year warranty is included with purchase. Rated 4.8/5 stars.
Today’s Top Green Deals:
- Ryobi 18V Cordless Trimmer/Blower/Edger Kit: $195 (Reg. $275) | Home Depot
- AUKEY Solar Motion LED Outdoor Light: $25 (Reg. $30) | Amazon
- w/ code SDW7REC3
- ECEEN Aluminum Solar LED Flashlight: $10 (Reg. $15) | Amazon
- w/ code VXXWW4CO
- WORX AeroCart + Water Hauler: $100 (~ $160 value) | eBay
Electric skateboards have been around long enough that we are beginning to see brands come out with multiple models. With more and more commuters looking for alternative ways to travel in crowded cities, it’s no surprise that this trend is continuing to grow. Just this week, Boosted announced the second generation of its popular electric skateboard.
This time around brings an increased focus on efficiency and longer travel capabilities. So how does the new model stack up? More below.
Since today is National Streaming Day, I thought it’d be a good chance to share my story of how I finally cut the cord. To start, I would say that cutting the cord isn’t terribly easy. There are a variety of different services and devices to carefully consider. If you’re looking for a quick-fix then keep overpaying your cable company each month, full-time streaming likely isn’t for you.
Everyone’s TV watching habits and preferences are different so there isn’t a one-size fits all approach to cutting the cord, but hopefully my experiences will help you finally kick your money-grubbing cable provider to the curb…