DVD ▪ July 31
DVD ▪ July 28
Best Buy is currently discounting a wide range of Blu-ray movies down to $4.99. Free shipping is available on orders of $35+, although you may need to elect for in-store pick up on some titles. There are a number of different titles and genres across multiple decades featured in this sale.
Our favorites from the selection include:
- Rush (Reg. $17)
- This is 40 (Reg. $15)
- A Beautiful Mind (Reg. $10)
- Public Enemies (Reg. $10)
- Scarface Limited Edition (Reg. $15)
More media deals:
- Mission: Impossible Collection HD Digital Download: $20 (~$40 Value) | iTunes
- How to Train your Dragon Blu-ray/DVD: $10 Prime shipped (Reg. $25) | Amazon
- Terminator Anthology Blu-Ray Collection: $25 Prime shipped (Reg. $50) | Amazon
- National Lampoon’s Vacation HD Digital Download: $8 (Reg. $15) | iTunes
- Kingdom of Heaven 10th Anniv. Blu-ray: $5 Prime shipped (Orig. $25) | Amazon
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Blu-ray: $10 Prime shipped (Reg. $20) | Amazon
- Highlander: Director’s Cut Blu-ray: $5 Prime shipped (Orig. $15) | Amazon
DVD ▪ July 21
DVD ▪ July 10
DVD ▪ July 4
DVD ▪ June 9
DVD ▪ June 5
DVD ▪ June 1
DVD ▪ May 12
Now here’s a deal that’s definitely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Best Buy offers the 2-disc Mary Poppins 50th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy for $14.99 with in-store pickup or free shipping on orders of at least $35. Amazon has also dropped its price, but it’s currently backordered. This Walt Disney classic regularly sells for around $20. Let’s be honest, the soundtrack alone is worth the price of admission here. Go ahead and pick up Saving Mr. Banks while you’re at it.
As its Deal of the Week, Amazon is discounting a diverse selection of Blu-ray and DVD collections. Here are our top picks:
- Jurassic Park Trilogy (DVD): $14.99 (Orig. $50)
- Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy (DVD): $16.99 (Orig. $50)
- The Bourne Trilogy (Blu-ray): $19.99 (Orig. $60)
DVD ▪ May 5
- Fast & Furious 1-6 – Limited Edition (Blu-ray & Digital HD): $35.49 (Reg. $70)
- Akira: 25th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray/DVD Combo): $14.20 (Orig. $35)
- Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray): $87.99 (Orig. $231)
- Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (DVD): $61.99 (Orig. $161)
- Ratatouille (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo): $14.96 (Reg. $27)
- Wall-E (Three-Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo): $14.96 (Reg. $27)
- A Bug’s Life (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo): $14.96 (Reg. $27)
- Twilight Zone: Complete Series Lmtd. Ed. Box Set (DVD): $130.99 (Orig. $350)
DVD ▪ April 30
DVD ▪ April 29
Update (5/20 1:30pm): Hulu has announced that it will have the full catalog of Seinfeld available on June 24th.
So what’s the deal with online video streaming? Apparently it’s worth upwards of $180 million, in the case of Seinfeld. According to various reports, that’s how much Hulu is paying to bring every episode of the popular 90’s sitcom to its streaming service. Yada Yada Yada, you know the rest, stream it for $8 a month and you’ll have access to the best show in the history of television, unless you can double dip with a friend and mooch on their subscription then all signs point to yes!
But if you’d rather skip on the subscription costs and just own the series out right? Well, Amazon offers the entire Seinfeld collection for $65 on DVD – a sponge-worthy deal indeed. At that price, $180 million looks like a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there.
Whether you’re grabbing all 180 episodes at Amazon or jumping on a Hulu Plus subscription, you can rest easy knowing that you’re a 1/3 of the way closer to the trifecta.
DVD ▪ April 7
DVD ▪ March 30
Target offers The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 2-disc pack for $13 with free shipping on orders of at least $25 and for all REDcard holders. This pack includes a copy of the movie in Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD. Less than a week after this movie first released on home video, this deal is a savings of 48% off the list price of $24.99. If you don’t meet the order requirements to qualify for free shipping, then you should opt for free in-store pickup.
This week only, Amazon has discounted the Best of Warner Bros 20 Film Collection on DVD down to $41.99 with free shipping. As a pricing comparison, it frequently bounces between $50 and $75 and has never been priced this low before. At the current sale price your cost per film is just over $2, which is impressive since these are classics: Casablanca, Gone with The Wind, One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, Million Dollar Baby, The Departed, and more. Also includes a 24-pack booklet.
More media deals from Amazon:
- Lord of the Rings: Theatrical Trilogy (Blu-ray): $12.99 (Orig. $25)
- Dumb and Dumber To (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD with UltraViolet): $14.99 (Orig. $35)
- Due Date (Blu-ray): $5 (Reg. $15)
- 101 Dalmatians: Diamond Edition (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD): $18 (Orig. $37)
- Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD): $18 (Orig. $40)
- Austin Powers Triple Feature (Blu-ray): $7.99 (Reg. $20), temp. backordered
DVD ▪ March 24
DVD ▪ March 10
Amazon is taking up to 64% off TV Complete Collections as part of its Deals of the Week promo. You’ll find over half a dozen discounted DVD sets in the lot.
These are our favorite complete collections:
Today only, Amazon offers the complete Futurama series for $59.99 shipped, which is 70% below list and the best deal we’ve ever seen.
iTunes is discounting a selection of family friendly movies down to $9.99 each in HD: The Wizard of Oz, Field of Dreams, Life of Pi, Space Jam, Hugo, The Cat in the Hat, Mrs. Doubtfire, more
More Blu-ray/DVD deals:
- Aerosmith: Rock for the Rising Sun (Blu-ray): $3.99 (Reg. $15) | Amazon/Best Buy
- Dream Theater: Live at Luna Park (Blu-ray): $3.99 (Reg. $18) | Amazon/Best Buy
- Stone Temple Pilots: Alive in the Windy City (Blu-ray): $3.99 (Reg. $15) | Amazon/Best Buy
- Alice In Wonderland (60th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo): $9.96 (Reg. $20) | Amazon
- The Rescuers: 35th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray/DVD): $9.96 (Reg. $20) | Amazon
- Pete’s Dragon: 35th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray/DVD): $9.96 (Reg. $20) | Amazon
- The Raid 2 (Blu-ray/UltraViolet): $9.99 (Reg. $18)| Best Buy
- Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray/DVD/UltraViolet): $6.96 (Reg. $20) | Amazon
DVD ▪ March 5
DVD ▪ February 24
DVD ▪ February 18
DVD ▪ February 16
Following its Star Wars announcement last week, LEGO has another classic movie up its sleeve. This time it’s Jurassic World, the yet-to-be-released follow-up to everyone’s favorite 90’s dinosaur classic. Judging by early pictures from the 2015 Toy Fair in New York, this is going to be another LEGO set that collector’s aren’t going to want to miss.
Head below for more pictures, as well as full details on pricing and availability.
DVD ▪ February 5
As one of its Deals of the Week, Amazon offers up to 67% off Despicable Me titles. Our top pick from the lot is Despicable Me 2 on Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD for just $10 Prime shipped. As a pricing comparison, it retails for $30 and has never been priced this low before.
If you still need the original Despicable Me to round out your collection, it’s also just $10 Prime shipped. To help you put in perspective how good these prices are, just consider that Amazon is selling just the DVD of each title for only $0.04 less.
If you’re not a Prime member than either sign up for a free trial or just pad your order up to $35 or more to get free shipping.
More deals from Amazon:
- Jurassic Park (Steelbook) [Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL w/ UltraViolet]: $9.99 (Reg. $20)
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 [Blu-ray, DVD, Digital HD]: $10 (Reg. $40)
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [Blu-ray+DVD]: $10 (Reg. $25)
- Her [Blu-ray + DVD]: $10 (orig. $36)
- Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow [Blu-ray + DVD]: $9.99 (Reg. $36)
- The Expendables 3 [Blu-ray]: $10 (Reg. $40)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]: $10 (Reg. $40)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past [Blu-ray]: $10 (Reg. $40)
- Chef [Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet]: $10 (Reg. $30)
- Breaking Bad: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]: $84.99 (orig. $231)
- Gone Girl [Blu-ray]: $14.99 (Reg. $40)
- 22 Jump Street (2 Discs) [Blu-ray]: $14.99 (Reg. $41)
*note: some titles may be on backorder. Be sure to place your order today to lock in the discounted price.
Disney’s latest animated hit, Big Hero 6, has dropped on iTunes weeks before its official release — download it now in HD for $19.99. If you’d prefer to wait it out for a physical copy then your best bet is to preorder it from Amazon for $18.90 (Reg. $40).
expand full story
DVD ▪ January 28
DVD ▪ January 7