The DIR-510L allows anyone to quickly and easily create a Wi-Fi hotspot from an existing internet connection, whether that be 3G/4G, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, while on-the-go, as well as charge mobile devices with the 4000mAh rechargeable battery. Also, you can stream photos, music, videos and documents stored on a USB drive (or Micro/SD card with reader) directly to multiple mobile devices through the SharePort Cam app.
The AC750 is available on Amazon for $99. Full press release below:
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California. – March 3, 2014 – D-Link today announced that it is now shipping the world’s first portable 11AC router, theWi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L). This latest addition to the D-Link® family of connectivity solutions allows mobile users to quickly and easily create a Wi-Fi hotspot from an existing internet connection, whether that be 3G/4G, Wi-Fi or Ethernet, while on-the-go. For added convenience, the Portable Wi-Fi Router also features a high-capacity 4,000mAh rechargeable battery that can charge mobile devices. Additionally, with the free mydlink™ SharePort® mobile app, users can upload, download and stream multimedia and documents to a storage drive attached to one of the Portable Router’s two USB ports from anywhere in the world.
Incorporating the latest Wireless AC750 technology, the Wi-Fi Portable Router and Charger offers users fast speeds and a range of advanced features, ensuring superior range and data transfer to and from connected devices. Leveraging dual band technology to bypass radio congestion and interference, the DIR-510L can deliver a total of 750Mbps using the combined throughput of its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. In addition, each band can operate as a separate Wi-Fi network, providing the ability to customize a network according to connectivity needs and even configure a guest zone to provide Internet access to visitors without providing access to the rest of the network. The DIR-510L provides instant sharing of any Internet connection with the added security of a firewall while connected to shared public connections.
“The demand for ubiquitous Wi-Fi in today’s increasingly connected world makes the Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router an essential addition to any traveler’s kit,” said Ken Loyd, director of consumer product marketing, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Leveraging the latest 11AC Wi-Fi technology, which boasts speeds up to three times faster than Wireless N, the DIR-510L ensures high-performance range and data transfer speeds for the ultimate in on-the-go connectivity.”
More About the DIR-510L
The DIR-510L delivers several advanced product features for mobile users to easily connect, share and charge on-the-go, including:
- High-Capacity Battery – Built-in 4000mAh rechargeable battery keeps gadgets charged and ready for use, including tablets
- Two USB Ports – Allows for simultaneous file sharing and 3G/4G/LTE modem connectivity; plug in a 3G/4G/LTE USB modem to share an Internet connection or use a USB flash drive to stream content to various mobile devices
- mydlink SharePort – Allows users to stream content from a connected USB drive to multiple mobile devices using the free mobile app
- Easy Setup – Automatically detects connection type – broadband router, mobile router, hotspot – for optimal speed and savings; user-friendly interface stores connection details to help keep all devices connect automatically
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and Built-in DLNA Server – Streams multimedia smoothly and securely across devices and appliances, including smart TVs, gaming consoles and media PCs1
Availability and Pricing
The Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) is now available onAmazon.com, Frys.com, and throughout D-Link’s vast network of retail and e-tail outlets for $99.99 EDLP. Detailed specifications are available online atwww.dlink.com/DIR-510L.