Today, Pioneer announced the latest edition to its affordable WeGO DJ controller line. The new WeGO3 is an “ultra compact” controller designed to make DJing approachable with support for all the popular DJ apps on iOS and Mac right out of the box.
Along with a quick demonstration video of the new WeGO3 in action, head below to find out more about what it has to offer including some interesting iPhone/iPad features with the included Lightning cable:
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
The new DDJ-WeGO3 features a brushed aluminum finish on the top panel and comes in both black and white variations. It has multi function jog wheels that can be used for both setting up auto loop points in a track as well as to trigger multiple effects. It also uses a Pulse system around the jog wheels, which are a series of LEDs indicating when effects are being triggered and to notify when a track has been successfully loaded, among other things.
The WeGO3 comes with a built-in audio interface as well your basic audio outputs, but it will also charge an iPad or iPhone simultaneously while it is being used as a DJ controller with the included Lightning cable. Pioneer said there will be a 30-pin cable made available for older iOS devices in October.
The current gen WeGo2 controller has received favorable reviews and is currently available for $199 shipped (matching the lowest we’ve seen on Amazon). That’s about $100 shy of the $299 price Pioneer has set on the new DDJ-WeGO3, which is expected to come available in October.
Press Release below:
LONG BEACH, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. Professional Sound and Visual Division today launched the DDJ-WeGO3, its next generation ultra-compact DJ controller that makes it possible for any consumer to take on the art of DJing. The entry level controller starts with a completely new look utilizing an aluminum top panel and new JOG wheels that illuminate with red and blue LEDs. For increased versatility, the DDJ-WeGO3 is compatible with a variety of software including djay 2 for iPad and iPhone, djay1 for Mac, Serato® DJ Intro, TRAKTOR® PRO 2, and VirtualDJ™ Limited Edition. For extra convenience, the controller also charges compatible iOS devices2 with the included Lightning cable.
“The DDJ-WeGO3 is the ideal controller for the beginner DJ because it’s so simple and easy to use”
“The DDJ-WeGO3 is the ideal controller for the beginner DJ because it’s so simple and easy to use,” said David Arevalo, director of marketing, Professional Sound and Visual Division for Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “We’ve also integrated advanced features such as auto loop, JOG effects, hot cue and sampler, which help users advance their DJ skills and techniques faster.”
Functionality and Performance
The DDJ-WeGO3 features a highly futuristic cosmetic design utilizing a brushed aluminum finish throughout the entire control panel. Its flat profile and compact size make the DDJ-WeGO3 very portable. An easy to use button and knob layout around the JOG wheels allows for quick access to their functions.
- DJ Software –The DDJ-WeGO3 supports multiple DJ software3 for increased versatility.
- VirtualDJ 8 Limited Edition (Download free of charge, keycode included)
- djay for Mac (Download free of charge, keycode included)
- Serato DJ Intro (Download free of charge, no keycode required)
- TRAKTOR PRO 2 (Available for purchase)
- djay2 for iPad and iPhone (Available for purchase on the iTunes App Store)
- vjay for iPad and iPhone (Available for purchase on the iTunes App Store)
- iPhone and iPad Charging – When connected to a computer, the DDJ-WeGO3 uses power from the USB connections, eliminating the need for an external power supply. If using a connected iPad or iPhone as a source, the DDJ-WeGO3 is powered by the included AC adapter, which will also charge the device, ensuring battery power never runs out while in use.
- Jog FX – Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the JOG wheel.
- Pulse Control – Provides users with visual prompts with red and blue LED illumination around the JOG platters:
- Launch Pulse – Triggers a red light on the JOG wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
- FX Pulse – The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be heard and represented visually via the light movements on the JOG wheel.
- Beat Pulse – The LED lights on the JOG wheel illuminate in different sizes to match the beat and volume intensity.
- Multi-Purpose Slot – The controller features a convenient slot to accommodate an iPad or iPhone, making it easy to see and access displays for choosing songs.
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound output.
- Built-in sound card.
- Compact (14.96” x 9.45” x 2.32”) and weighs less than four pounds for easy transportation.
- DJC-WeCAi30 cable (sold separately) will be available October 2014 to connect iPad and iPhone devices with 30-pin dock connectors.
The ultra compact DDJ-WeGO3 will be available in October with a suggested retail price of $349.
Pioneer offers a complete line of professional DJ equipment through its Professional Sound & Visual Division. Its DJ products are industry standards at clubs, studios, mobile rigs and homes around the world, known for their high quality sound and reliability. For more information, visit www.pioneerdjusa.com.
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, established in Tokyo in 1938, is a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video and computer equipment for the home, car and business markets.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.