It is Student Day at Amazon. For today only, Amazon Students (free trial) can receive deep discounts on Fire TV, the Amazon App Store, apparel and more. Again, these offers are only valid for Amazon Student members, who also receive certain Amazon Prime benefits including free two-day shipping, unlimited instant streaming and more.
Some of our top picks from the deals available include the free $10 Amazon app store credit which can be redeemed on the thousands of Android and Kindle apps available and the deeply discounted Fire TV. Amazon’s streaming media player is available for $84 right now, but with the Student Day deal you can knock an extra $20 off the purchase dropping it to $64.99 shipped ( the best total price we’ve seen on Fire TV).
Along with a host of other deals like 40% off jeans, Amazon also has a $10 referral program in place for those interested. Every student you bring to its program will get a $10 credit to spend on Amazon.
More on Fire TV from Amazon:
- Massive selection—Over 200,000 TV episodes and movies, millions of songs, and hundreds of games. Show me
- Free 30-day Prime trial—Unlimited access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows including award-winning series from HBO and exclusive titles like Downton Abbey. Learn more
- Voice search that actually works—Simply say the name of what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds
- Tiny box, huge specs—Fast quad-core processor, 2 GB of memory, dedicated GPU, plus 1080p HD video and Dolby Digital Plus surround sound
- Easy to set up and use—Pre-registered to your Amazon account so you can enjoy favorite titles and personalized recommendations
- Instant streaming—Exclusive new feature ASAP predicts what movies and TV episodes you’ll want to watch and buffers them for playback before you hit play
- Perfect for parents—Amazon FreeTime lets you easily limit screen time and create personalized profiles just for kids
- Great for gaming—Play blockbuster titles like Minecraft-Pocket Edition, The Walking Dead, and Monsters University, plus free games and Amazon exclusives. Paid games start from just 99 cents
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.