Verizon Wireless has announced that today they are giving away a number of freebies as a part of its Connection Day event. Today, Verizon will be giving users the opportunity to pick up access to different services, as well as discounted goods. Some of our favorite freebies, which are open to non-Verizon customers as well, include a week of Pandora One and two months of Audible. Obviously, the 2GB of free data will come in handy when its time to surf the web after a holiday dinner and your Aunt won’t be quiet.
Simply visit Verizon’s Connection Day site and follow the instructions to claim your prizes.
Some of the deals include:
- Pandora – free seven day trial of Pandora One
- Audible – two free months of service (two books) for free
- Verizon Fios – watch hit TV shows and movies free w/ FIOS app
- Amazon – get 10 free songs and 10 free apps
- Apps include: Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Cut the Rope, Kayak Pro, more
- Apple iTunes – full day of iTunes radio w/ limited interruption
- Condé Nast – download latest editions of Vogue, Vanity Fair, wired, more
- Free WiFi via Boingo Wireless (airports) and Gogo (in-flight)
- JetBlue – free in-flight WiFi November 26th thru December 31st
Additionally, Verizon Wireless customers can pick up an extra GB of data for the remainder of this billing cycle plus the next one.
Head below the fold for full PR…
‘Tis The Season For Giving
Verizon is Giving Back This Holiday Season with Access to Great Digital Content from Leading Technology Brands as Part of First-ever “Connection Day”
The hustle and bustle of the holiday season is about to become a little more enjoyable. Verizon Wireless has declared Nov. 26 “Connection Day” and is offering mobile users the chance to connect with everything they love in life – friends, music, books, news, and apps — on one of the busiest travel days of the year.
Verizon has teamed up with leading content providers to deliver exciting digital treats that any wireless customer can enjoy. Verizon is working with Amazon, Apple, Boingo Wireless, Condé Nast, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue and Pandora on a variety of offers that will make the day before Thanksgiving just a little bit more entertaining.
On Nov. 26, all consumers, regardless of wireless carrier, can receive everything from movies to free wifi to audio books to streaming music, all compliments of Verizon. The complete list of offers includes:
- Verizon FiOS: Special mobile access to popular movies and TV shows on November 26, compliments of Verizon FiOS, by downloading the free FiOS Preview app.
- Amazon: Selection of 10 free/discounted apps, plus two free Audible book downloads (new members) or $10 Audible credit (current members)
- Apple: A special offer from iTunes to be revealed on Nov. 26
- Condé Nast: Free Digital Edition downloads of 17 Conde Nast Publications, including Wired, Vanity Fair and GQ.
- Free Wi-Fi: Complimentary Internet sessions through Boingo Wireless (at airports) and Gogo (in-flight).
- JetBlue: Free in-flight Fly-Fi (Wi-Fi) for flights between November 26th and December 31st.
- Pandora Media: Free seven-day trial of Pandora One.
Simply go to www.verizon.com/connectionday to preview the Connection Day treats. Consumers who visit the site before Nov. 26 can get a reminder to return on Connection Day to choose the gifts they are interested in.
And Verizon Wireless customers get a special treat. Starting today, MORE Everything customers who register for Connection Day at verizon.com/connectionday are eligible to immediately receive a one-time gift of 1GB of shareable data applied to their account. Plus, they’ll get another 1GB of data in their next billing cycle.
Not a MORE Everything customer? No problem. You’re eligible for a special discount on the mophie powerstation 4000, a great tool to keep devices charged and connected.
“As we approach the holiday season, we wanted to show how much we appreciate our customers,” said Ken Dixon, vice president of marketing, Verizon Wireless. “We hope that not only our customers, but everyone, will take advantage of this day—a day to connect with family and friends, to learn something new about their device, or just to provide a little more entertainment during what can often be a hectic kick off to the holiday season.”
Connection Day – A big “Thanks” from Verizon during the season of thanks.