Best Buy offers its 2-year Gamers Club Unlocked (GCU) Membership for $30 with free shipping. As a pricing comparison, it carries a list price of $99.99 and this is the best dollar off discount we’ve ever seen. Usually Best Buy will only discount the GCU as part of a bundle. It’s a perfect gift for the gamer who has everything now, but is going to want more games in the near future.
GCU membership gives you 20% off all video games for two years, so it will more than pay for itself after buying three new releases at the typical retail price of $60. It’s great for avid gamers who want day 1 games at day 30 or day 60 prices, guaranteeing that you’ll never pay full retail for any game for two years. GCU also accrues points that lead to further discounts over time.
Full benefits include:
- Get 20% off new video game software (physical software purchases)
- 10% bonus trade-in credit on video game software trade-ins
- 10% off pre-owned video games
- Get 2x points on new video game software, digital content, and game accessories
- Get 2 points for every dollar when you trade in games