Starting in February, TiVo will be offering a new service for its users called OnePass that will strive to make binge watching easier than ever. The goal here is to put all of the available options of watching a complete season of a show in one place, in this instance the My Shows folder on your TiVo device. TiVo’s latest DVR devices have the ability to stream from services such as Netflix and Hulu Plus putting a larger supply of shows at your fingertips.
TiVo’s new OnePass service takes these options into account when searching out all the ways to catch up on a whole season. After investigating all of the streaming, live TV and other on demand options, TiVo will then list out the entire season within the My Shows folder. This is a particular strength of this offering in comparison to the Apple TV which does not feature universal search.
The new OnePass service from TiVo will be available in February on Roamio and TiVo Mini devices at no extra charge. Additionally, the service will also be available for via the iOS app next month and is expected for Android in March.
Full PR from TiVo below.
TiVo Introduces OnePass; Only From TiVo: One Remote, One Box, OnePass
Multi-Source Binge-Watching on TiVo Instantly Gathers Every Episode of a TV Series Regardless of Source; Live or Recorded TV, VOD or Streaming Apps Seamlessly Presented
LAS VEGAS, NV–(Marketwired – Jan 5, 2015) – TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ: TIVO), a leader in the advanced television entertainment market today introduced TiVo OnePass, an all access solution available on TV in your home or via TiVo mobile apps, that tracks down every episode of a show you want to catch up on and displays all of the episodes in your My Shows folder to serve as the ultimate multi-source binge-watching solution.
TiVo OnePass organizes episodes of your favorite shows by season, and if an episode or a season is not available as a recording, OnePass will include episodes from your on-demand library or streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Hulu Plus.
“As we continue to see exponential growth in binge watching and the nearly ubiquitous presence of OTT video subscription services alongside traditional cable, TiVo continues to fulfill our mission to deliver the best entertainment experience for viewers,” said Jim Denney, Vice President of Product Marketing at TiVo. “With OnePass, we can shorten the time to get users to the content to which they subscribe much easier than needing to search individual services. OnePass is a significant step in our continued efforts to simplify and organize the exploding amount of great content available today — a solution we know becomes even more important as individual TV shows, movies and videos are spread throughout an increasing number of entertainment services.”
Creating the TiVo OnePass Experience is simple — all it takes is a few clicks:
- Strongest Search – Search for and select your favorite show through TiVo Search
- Serious Options – OnePass comes with a variety of options including recording and streaming all content, or you have the option of selecting only recordings or only streaming videos to avoid using disk space
- One Episode or the Whole Season – Across all platforms and apps, you can include all seasons, start with a particular season or only include new episodes
- Organized Chaos – All OnePass streaming and recorded videos can be found in your “My Shows” section, organized in folders with the name of your favorite show, so the content you love is easiest to find and watch immediately
Additional Features of TiVo OnePass:
- Memory – TiVo will remember which recording you last watched and bookmark the next episode
- Sorting – TiVo gives you the freedom to organize your episodes by “newest” or by “season”
- Get More – Save space on your hard drive by leveraging streaming options so you can use the local storage for what you really want to record
Visit TiVo at CES for a OnePass demo! CES 2015 runs from January 6 – 9 in Las Vegas. TiVo is located at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall 1 of Tech East, at Booth # 7920.
TiVo OnePass will roll to TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini devices in February. Not home? Not a problem. The OnePass experience will accessible through the free TiVo app for iOS in February and Android devices in March.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.