Update 2/27 10:03AM: Elgato — maker of the professional-class Thunderbolt Drive+ SSDs reviewed on 9to5Mac — has just significantly dropped the prices of the 256GB ($379, prev. $500) and 512GB ($649, prev. $890) models. Today, Elgato’s official retailer Other World Computing is offering both at all-time price lows: $368 for the 256GB Thunderbolt Drive+ and $628 for the 512GB Thunderbolt Drive+. Covered in aluminum housings and fully port-powered, these drives are the rare SSDs with a Thunderbolt interface, also including USB 3.0 and 2.0 compatibility. They have rare 5/5-star ratings on Amazon, where their prices are significantly higher.
Other World Computing also offers the
Crucial M500 960GB SATA 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Drive for $315 shipped. This is a savings of $91 off the regular price and $55 better than Amazon where it is rated 4.6/5 stars by over 2,300 customers.
- Sequential Read: 500 MB/s
- Sequential Write: 400 MB/s
- 4KB Random Read: 80,000 IOPS
- Designed to write 40GB/day for 5 years
Combo this internal solid state drive with the Inatek 2.5-inch external hard disk enclosure for $12.99. Coupon code ZY2JCJU4 brings the final price down to $9.99 Prime shipped (free trial). Today’s price is over 50% off the original listing. This enclosure is rated 4.6/5 stars by 323 Amazon customers.
- ABS plastic material; Delicate and simple appearance, exquisite workmanship provides excellent performance
- Compatible operating systems with Windows 2000/Windows Me/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above; Backward compatible with USB 2.0 /1.1 connections
- USB3.0 transfer interface, maximum capacity reach 5Gbps; Support hot-swap,Plug &play; Blue and red power supply/HDD LED activity indicator
- Tool free, No Reboot and Additional Driver is needed, easy to install and disassemble; Built-in foam pad, protect hard disk effectively
- Suitable for 9.5mm and below thickness 2.5” SATA HDD; Converts any 9.5mm & 7mm 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD into an external hard drive for ultimate mobility and convenience