- HoverBar clamps almost anywhere for adjustable hands-free use of your iPad
- Heavy duty yet delicate clamp secures to any surface up to 1-inch thick
- Creates a hands-free kitchen mount or desktop workstation with no install required
- Includes extra kickstand that creates a handy tabletop display
- Includes Fit Clips for iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad (2nd – 4th generation)
[vimeo 95278183 w=853 h=480]
Combo it with Duet for iOS and you’ll have a killer dual monitor setup.
Our conclusion after reviewing the Hoverbar 3:
For most people, it’s kind of a luxury item. It’s not that difficult to use an existing or cheaper stand to position the iPad roughly where you want it on a desk or kitchen worktop, and not too great a hardship to hold it while watching movies or reading books in bed.
But I have to say that within a very short time, I came to rely on it. The ability to place the iPad exactly where you want it, and to indulge in the sheer laziness of having it hover above the pillow in bed, is very appealing.
My only minor gripe is that the hex-nut system for applying the clamp means it’s not an instant job to move it from one place to the other. It’s not difficult, but some kind of flip-handle clamp would be great. But if you mostly expect to use it on one place, and just need to push it out of the way the rest of the time, leaving the clamp in place, it’s highly recommended.
Twelve South makes really great accessories for Apple products, but if you’re looking to save even more money then you could go with this similar iPad mount from Taotronics for $35.99.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links