Musical instrument manufacturer Gibson announced back at CES in January that it would be partnering with Olympian Usian Bolt to create a new pair of headphones designed for an active lifestyle. Today, its new Trainer Sport Headphones are available for pre-order. We also have a clear picture of its features, which include Bluetooth capabilities and a special design for those that are active at night.
Given that this is Gibson’s first foray into the world of headphones, there was quite a bit of anticipation building around what the design would look like. It is a solid mix between traditional Bluetooth designs and upscale products. The styling reminds us of Bowers and Wilkins’ P3, with its rounded padding. Overall, it meets the design specs that we’d hope for: controls built-in to the headphones, Bluetooth connectivity and materials designed for workouts.
Gibson has included
The internals are protected by special mesh fabric and silicon gaskets. A handy feature is that the cushions can be removed and cleaned following extra sweaty workouts. Gibson states that users can expect around 10 hours of battery life.
The Trainer Sport Bluetooth on-ear headphones are available for pre-order today from Amazon with a price tag of $249.99 with a July 31 release date.
If you’re in need of a pair of Bluetooth headphones right now, we favorably reviewed SOL REPUBLIC’s new Shadow wireless in-ears recently and found them to be a great workout companion.
TRAINER BY GIBSON HEADPHONES NOW AVAILABLE TO AMP UP SUMMER FITNESS
Wireless Sport Headphones Created in Partnership with Fastest Man Alive Usain Bolt
Brings Together Style, Safety and Superior Sound
Nashville, TN – June 8, 2015 – Gibson Brands, best known for its global leadership in musical instruments, consumer electronics and audio, today announced that Trainer by Gibson headphones are now available. Unveiled at CES 2015, Trainer by Gibson marks the company’s entry into the headphone market with the debut product of their innovative new health-focused brand.
Developed in partnership with Usain Bolt, the fastest man alive and six-time Track & Field Olympic Gold medalist, Trainer by Gibson incorporates a diverse range of features specifically designed for fitness enthusiasts.
Bolt understands the needs of athletes and the power of music to motivate and achieve fitness goals. Trainer by Gibson combines Gibson’s unparalleled sound quality with practical functionality, culminating in the ultimate sport headphone. Available in black or white with a streamlined design, Trainer by Gibson is the must have fitness accessory out just in time for summer shape up season.
Trainer by Gibson wireless headphones include several features never brought together in one device, developed for both casual and diehard fitness enthusiasts:
· The headphones switch between an active mode and a lifestyle mode. With just a push of a button, the Aeroflex design transforms them into sport headphones providing the right fit, comfort and stability for a proper workout.
· NightNav strategically placed LED light offers safety and visibility; perfect for nighttime runs.
· By activating the SafeSound function you turn down the volume and reduce the bass so that you can stay alert to your surroundings.
· CoolTouch keeps workouts comfortable through climate regulating cushions with cutting-edge NASA space technology fabric. The Outlast technology uses Phase Change Materials that absorb, store and release heat for optimal thermal comfort.
· Weather and sweat resistance is achieved through WeatherSeal as drivers are protected by a hydroscopic mesh and the internals are sealed with silicon gaskets. After extra vigorous workouts, the cushions can be removed and cleaned.
· FreeMov through superior Bluetooth performance and 10 hours of battery life for music allows unrestricted, wireless movement to maximize focus on fitness.
Trainer by Gibson is now available for $249.99 USD at Amazon.com and Loudjam.com. More information can be found online at www.thisistrainer.com .
About Trainer by Gibson:
Trainer by Gibson is a new health-focused brand inspired by and designed for an active lifestyle. Building on Gibson’s expertise in musical instruments, consumer electronics and audio, Trainer harnesses the power of music to help anybody who cares about fitness reach their potential. Innovative technology, powerful sound quality and contemporary design are at its core.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links