It works 24/7 and doesn’t require a subscription of any kind. You can even allow friends and family receive notifications as an extra layer of protection for when you’re out of town.
Each Roost is equipped with a replaceable lithium battery pack that lasts about 5 years. You’ll get an alert letting you know when the battery is on its last legs and then you’ll have to order a replacement for $14.99.
Late last year Roost took Kickstarter by storm and then made a splash a few months later during CES. Now, Roost is finally ready for primetime: pre-orders are now open at Amazon with a September release. A single Roost will cost you $34.99, while the 2-pack offers a slight discount at $64.99.
June 24, 2015 – It’s a very exciting day for all of us here at Roost because starting today, you can pre-order the Roost Smart Battery for smoke alarms directly on Amazon.com. We’ve spent a long time engineering a product that we’re extremely proud of, and we’re so happy to finally share it with you.
If you’ve been following along with us, you already know that the Roost Smart Battery looks just like a familiar 9V battery. It’s inexpensive and easy to use, and transforms your existing 9V smoke and CO alarms into smart alarms.
How does it work? Just swap the 9V battery in your alarm with a Roost Smart Battery—seriously, it’s that easy—and you’ll get notifications on your smartphone via the free Roost app whenever your smoke or CO alarm sounds.
Yup, say goodbye to those pesky low battery chirps at 3AM from your old smoke alarm battery; Roost notifies you before the chirping ever begins. Plus, Roost Smart Batteries last more than five years in typical smoke alarms; five times longer than regular 9V alkaline batteries.
What else should you know?
- Roost is easy to install—it takes less than five minutes
- Supports both iOS or Android with free Roost mobile apps
- Roost assigns a name and location to each smoke alarm in your home, and connects to your home Wi-Fi network
- The free mobile app provides 24/7 self-monitoring via notifications.
- Roost also has a convenient snooze feature. Burn your morning toast? No problem. Roost lets you snooze the alarm on battery-powered alarms for a few minutes.
- Enable trusted friends and family to receive notifications by inviting them to download the Roost app and also become a monitor for your smoke alarms. Get peace of mind, even when you’re away on vacation.
Lastly, we’re so thankful for those of you who’ve been following along this journey with us, especially our Kickstarter backers who we absolutely could not have done this without. And with the launch of Roost right around the corner, we can’t wait to help address a real problem and improve the safety of your family and your home in a simple, yet affordable way.
You can secure your own Roost two-pack for $64.99 right now, and your order will be delivered this September.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.