SanDisk unveiled its 200GB microSD card a few months back at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. At that time we were given an estimated street date of Q2 2015 and an MSRP of $399.99. Well, this giant microSD just became available for purchase from Amazon for $239.02.
It features transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s and packs enough storage to accommodate up to 20 hours of full HD video. By no means is this card necessary for average consumers, but professionals with a big tech budget may be able to justify it. MicroSD cards make for great additions to phones and digital cameras for storing photos, videos or apps and can be even be added to MacBooks with one of these adapters. SanDisk’s 128GB version priced at $78.99 is the smarter purchase for most people.
SanDisk’s 200GB beauty is currently the “world’s highest capacity microSD card,” but that may soon change since Microdia already detailed its plans for a 512GB card.
- Ideal for premium Android-based smartphones and tablets
- Transfer up to 1200 photos a minute with premium transfer speed of up to 90MB/s
- Holds up to 20 hours of Full HD video
- Class 10 for Full HD video recording and playback
- Water proof, temperature proof, shock proof, X-ray proof and magnet proof
- Comes with SD adapter for use in MIL cameras