Thermos and Apple. Maybe not two brands that you would necessarily put together. But today, the two have bonded as the popular home goods company has launched a new water bottle with iOS connectivity built-in. Instead of relying on those third-party apps that track your water in-take, Thermos would like to take the reigns on all your H2O data on the way to building healthier habits.
While there have been some other “smart-bottle” options on the market – most notably the HidrateMe Kickstarter success story – Thermos is a brand with some serious name recognition. The idea is simple: enter your height, weight, age into the free iOS app and the bottle will partner with the software to ensure you hit all your hydration goals for the day. A sensor in the drinking tube tracks your progress while also monitoring the temperature of your water. Predictably, the app will provide notifications if you don’t hit the right amount of water intake.
Thermos’ Smart Lid Hydration Bottle will connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth and can provide data points as long as its within 75 feet of your device. It is rated for twelve days of use on a single charge which is handled by an included USB cable. The Smart Lid Hydration Bottle is set to launch with a price of $60 in the coming weeks. Of course, sometimes a plain old Thermos bottle and drinking eight cups a day also does the trick.
More New Toys of the Day:
- The new Graava action camera uses your heartbeat to capture the best moments and make a highlight reel
- Bang & Olufsen brings it all together with new whole home audio capabilities for existing products
- Epson’s new EcoTank printers have enough ink for “two years” right out of the box
- The new off-road nipi cooler uses renewable power to keep your devices charged and your beer cold
- Livid’s new wireless iOS/Mac MIDI instrument is the same size as iPhone 6 Plus
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links