In recent years, Dyson has become known for its heating and cooling options as much as its popular vacuum cleaners. The bladeless fan has been welcomed by parents and senior citizens alike for its added safety, particularly with the heating elements. Dyson has offered air purification in its cooling fans before, but this is the first model that combines heat and cold into one package. Read on for more details on the new Pure Hot + Cool bladeless fan from Dyson.
Dyson has long leaned on its bladeless fan technology as a safer alternative to traditional heaters or cooling units. The heaters do not expose the elements to dust in the air, which can start fires and create a burning smell. Dyson’s Cool fans provide airflow without the use of blades, in turn creating a safer environment for children.
The new Pure Hot + Cool has many of the expected features: an oscillation mode and varying speeds plus a sleep timer. It comes with a remote as well as a built-in glass HEPA filter that is expected to last over a year with daily use. That filter is expected to kill 99.5% of particles in the air, even down to 0.1 microns in size. This high success rate and the added safety of Dyson’s design will likely make this a desirable option for new parents.
Of course, this new model is going to cost you. The Pure Hot + Cool is available now in Japan and is expected to come to the United States next year with a $600+ price tag. By comparison, the non-purification model currently goes for $400.
More New Toys of the Day:
- Roku’s new streaming media player supports 4K and finds your remote control for you
- Robo Wunderkind uses iOS connectivity and LEGO-like blocks to teach children about coding
- The Sondors eBike is loaded with features and surprisingly affordable
- BRO Ball combines Bluetooth audio and pigskin for the ultimate tailgate companion
- TiVo makes the DVR sexy with 4K content, AirPlay and one-click commercial skipping