We’re all aware of the fact that sitting at a desk for hours and hours on end isn’t good for our health. But getting out of our seats and finding an alternative isn’t the easiest either. Sure, there are many standing desk options out there. Same goes with adjustable chairs that claim to be better than the competition.
The brains behind the Altwork Station have heard of all those ideas and believe their new product can solve those very issues.
It’s fair to describe the Altwork Station as a dentist’s chair with monitor mounts attached. But that would be short-changing the design and luxury of it. The workstation was built for those that want to work while lying down, sitting up and standing. If you spend all of your days at a computer, the notion of such flexibility is very intriguing.
A large arm extends from the base of the chair, which serves as the central location for all your electronics. Different mounts are available to support multiple displays, a tabletop work area or a laptop. The built-in magnets beneath the working surface will hold your mouse (if its magnetized) when the chair is reclined. Altwork uses Apple’s Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse as an example of two accessories that would be compatible.
More New Toys of the Day:
- Can a $99 Windows PC that connects to your iPad be any good?
- The eora 3D scanner uses your iPhone to create 360-degree models of anything
- Dyson’s pricey 360 Eye robo-vac finally sees the light of day
- Bird of Prey’s prone-style bicycle puts the rider facedown while riding
- Garmin drops the bulk and adds color with its new Forerunner wearables
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links