Update (2/16 5:00pm): Amazon also offers the DJI Phantom 3 Professional 4K Drone for $999 shipped. That’s down from $1,127 and the lowest price that we’ve seen.
It has been a busy week for drone news, with DJI and Parrot each announcing new additions to their line-ups at CES 2016. Now, Amazon is offering the DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter with 2.7K camera for $499 with free shipping. This is good for $501 off the original list MSRP, $100 less than Amazon, a match of Black Friday, and the lowest price we can find.
The new DJI Phantom 3 Standard Drone is designed with beginner pilots in mind. It has an “intelligent flight system” that automatically keeps the drone in the air. DJI has built-in a 2.7K camera that is capable of taking HD videos and 12MP still photos. The iOS and Android app provide a live 720p HD video feed giving the user a real-time view of what the cameras is capturing. Rated 4.2/5 stars. More details can be found here in our announcement coverage.
- DJI Phantom 3 4K Drone: $799 (Reg. $999)
- DJI Phantom 3 Advanced w/ 3-axis gimbal + 2.7K camera:
$799 (Reg. $999)
- 2.7K video and 12MP stills from the 3-axis stabilized integrated camera makes the Phantom 3 Standard a strong value
- View a live image streamed from the drone up to a half mile away on the free DJI Go app using your mobile phone or tablet
- GPS assisted flight features let you concentrate on getting great images while the drone helps you fly safely. You can achieve advanced camera perspectives with the Point of Interest, Follow Me and Waypoints modes (pending app feature availability)
- Fly up to 25 minutes with the included intelligent battery
- A range of accessories is included:1 battery and charger, 2 full sets of propellers, radio controller, 8GB micro SD card