- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.1GHz Dual-core Intel Core M 256GB: $1,099
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.3GHz Dual-core Intel Core M 256GB: $1,319
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.2GHz Dual-core Intel Core M 512GB: $1,359
- Refurbished 12-inch MacBook 1.3GHz Dual-core Intel Core M 512GB: $1,489
These prices are decent if you can’t wait for a deal to come around, but with some patience you should be able to get a new unit near or below Apple’s refurbished prices. For example, the high-end 512GB model is currently on sale for just $1,289.99 (Reg. $1,599) and we’ve seen the 256GB model drop as low as $950 (Reg. $1,299).
Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple’s stringent quality refurbishment process.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
- is fully tested (including full burn-in testing).
- is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing.
- is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection.
- is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.).
- includes either the Mac OS originally shipped with the unit or, in some cases, a more recent version*.
- is given a new refurbished part number and serial number.
- is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock.
- Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple’s Finished Goods testing procedures.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links