Update (3/24 1:05pm): After some slight issues, it looks as though the Day One 2 freebie appears to be up and working now!
Update (3/24 12:15pm): Some users are reporting issues with the free download. We suggest trying again later as it appears to be working intermittently.
Apple is now giving away free downloads of Day One 2 for iOS. It currently sells for $4.99 , but will be jumping back up to $9.99 after its initial release sale is over. Developer Bloom Built recently launched the latest edition of its popular organization/journal app with a series of new updates and features. You can get the complete break down of the new app over on 9to5Mac. Between the new one and the previous version, Day One has amassed a 4+ star rating from over 19,000 reviewers.
You’ll need to go through the Apple Store app (not the App Store!) to take advantage of this special promotion. Complete download instructions are as follows:
Here’s how you can claim your free download:
- Download the Apple Store app for iOS
- Open the app on your iPhone or iPad
- At this point you should be on the featured screen that shows an ad for iPad Pro
- Navigate down the screen until you see the Day One 2 icon and the words “Keep a beautiful journal”, tap this banner
- Tap the ‘Download now for free’ green button and follow the on-screen directions
The Mac version of the updated Day One is also still on sale for a limited time at 25% off. And be sure to check out our daily roundups for more discounted apps/games across every platform.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.