Update (3/29 5:40pm):
Amazon has now matched Newegg’s eBay listing at $259.99 shipped.
The official Newegg eBay Store is offering the Samsung 850 EVO 1TB 2.5-inch Internal Solid-State Drive for $259.99 shipped. That’s about $210 under the orignal listing, $23 below Amazon, $10 better than our previous mention and the best we can find. About 9,500 Amazon customers have left a near perfect review score and it ships with a 5 year warranty.
- Capacity: 1TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s (Compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s)
- NAND Flash: 32 Layer 3D V-NAND
- Thickness: 7.0 mm
- Optimized performance for everyday computing needs
- Sequential read speed 540 MB/s; Sequential write speed 520 MB/s; Random read speed 100K; Random write speed 90K
- Energy efficient – improves battery life by up to 50 minutes vs. hard disk drives
- Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit, TCG/Opal v.2 and Microsoft eDrive full-disk encryption
- Backed by a five-year limited warranty
- Cable, screws, and bracket sold separately
If you’re looking for something a little bit smaller, we still have a great deal on the highly rated Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. We also still have SSD enclosures for $7 Prime shipped right now, which can be a great way to bring some SSD storage on the road with you.
3D V-NAND Technology
Samsung’s innovative 3D V-NAND flash memory architecture breaks through density, performance, and endurance limitations of today’s conventional planar NAND architecture. Samsung 3D V-NAND stacks 32 cell layers vertically resulting in higher density and better performance utilizing a smaller footprint.
Enhanced RAPID mode
Samsung’s Magician software enables RAPID Mode for up to 2x faster performance* by utilizing unused PC memory (DRAM) as a high-speed cache. The newest version of Samsung Magician supports up to a 4GB cache on a system with 16GB of DRAM.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.