LEGO Technic has unveiled a new 1:8 scale recreation of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Set number 42056 will hit online shelves this June with over 2,700 pieces. Inside the box you’ll find a special collector’s edition book that details the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche. This kit was designed specifically for auto enthusiasts with a different build pattern then we traditionally see. LEGO went to painstaking efforts to develop a sequence that mirrors the actual real-life assembly process for this car.
While the kit is certainly a LEGO spin-off, it appears to be a beautiful reproduction. From the orange body work and red suspension springs to detailed rims, this is one lustworthy set. You’ll be able to open all of the doors and hood (which features a storage compartment) plus the rear lid where the engine sits. There are even moving pistons! All together, this looks like another home run from LEGO.
This set will hit stores in June with a steep $299.99 price tag. More information can be found below the reveal video in the official press release from LEGO.
42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Ages 16+. 2,704 pieces.
US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS!
Experience the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS with this authentic LEGO® Technic replica. Inside the box you’ll discover a special collector’s book chronicling the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, together with 4 original-design rims bearing the RS emblem. The sets of elements are boxed, and the building sequence gives an insight into the real-life vehicle’s assembly process. The model features detailed, orange bodywork, red suspension springs, detailed headlights, taillights, brake calipers and rims with low-profile tires. The accessible cockpit features a detailed dashboard, working gearbox, steering wheel with gearshift paddles, racing seats and a glove compartment containing a unique serial number. Functions include opening doors and hood with storage compartment and suitcase, and an opening rear lid that houses a detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons. This 1:8 scale model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.• Features authentically designed aerodynamic bodywork, adjustable rear spoiler, headlights and taillights, red suspension springs, original-design rims with RS emblem, detailed brake calipers, low-profile tires, working gearbox, working steering wheel with gearshift paddles, detailed seating, glove compartment with unique model serial number, opening doors, opening hood containing a suitcase, and an opening rear lid with detailed flat 6 engine.
• Includes a collection of authentic stickers.
• Check out the orange color scheme.
• Open the doors to access the detailed cockpit.
• Lift the rear lid to access the detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons.
• Open the glove compartment to reveal the unique serial number.
• Delivered in luxurious box packaging.
• Includes a special full-color collector’s book including the history of LEGO® Technic and Porsche GT cars, plus comprehensive building instructions.
• This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
• This set includes over 2,700 pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Porsche 911 GT3 RS measures over 6″ (17cm) high, 22″ (57cm) long and 9″ (25cm) wide.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links