After leaked images of the box surfaced online yesterday, we now have official confirmation and details on the brand new Creator Expert LEGO Big Ben 10253 set. The new set is part of the the world landmark Creator subset of models alongside others like the Sydney Opera House or the Tower Bridge set.
Along with 4 adjustable clock dials, access to the belfry via the removable roof and an overall impressive level of detail, Big Ben contains more than 4,100 pieces and measures over 23-inches in height. You’ll also find a somewhat hidden knob along the side/back allowing you to adjust the hour and minute hands on the clock tower.
Based on the pricing for the other aforementioned landmark sets, the $250 LEGO wants for Big Ben is actually pretty great value. It will be available come July 1st, or June 15th for LEGO VIP members. Head below for a detailed video from the creators along with some closeups of the model:
More details from LEGO:
Get up close to Big Ben! The clock was first started on May 31st 1859, and Big Ben’s first chime rang from the 96-meter Elizabeth Tower on July 11th of the same year. This over 23” (60cm) high LEGO® interpretation of the iconic structure is a tribute to its engineering and architecture. It features a detailed facade with statues, shields and windows, and a clock tower with 4 adjustable clock dials and a removable roof allowing access to the belfry, plus buildable exterior elements including a sidewalk, lawn and a tree depicting the building’s location. This model makes a great display piece for the home or office.
• Big Ben features a detailed section of the Westminster Palace and the adjoining Elizabeth Tower, 4 detailed clock dials with movable hour and minutes hands, and a sidewalk, tree and grass area depicting the building’s location.
• Remove the top of the tower to access the Big Ben bell.
• Put your LEGO® building skills to the test!
• Special elements include 4 printed clock faces.
• Rare elements include ski poles, flowers and corner plates in molded gold color, and tinted-translucent elements.
• This set includes over 4,000 LEGO® pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Big Ben measures over 23” (60cm) high, 17” (44cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links