On my recent trip to San Francisco, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my iPhone wall charger. It wasn’t the end of the world because I had a selection of other phones with me, but I had some key info — like boarding passes etc. — on my iPhone, and I needed to charge it.
Grabbing a new charger would only take $20 and a trip to the local convenience store, but I realized that I had a portable charger in my backpack — one with a Lightning port and plenty of juice to power up my phone. I ended up going a full four days using nothing but the Olala 13000mAh portable battery charger for my energy needs…
Everyone can use an Echo Dot: Just $50!
And, overall, it was a good experience. The charger does exactly what you would need it to, it has a full 13,000 mAh of capacity to recharge your iPhone several times from 0-100% at 2.4A, and — as I mentioned — it comes with a Lightning cable built-in so that you don’t have to carry around extra cables.
The little power bank is charged by microUSB (which is great for me, as I have dozens of Android phones that still use the standard so I always have a microUSB handy anyway), and can output via standard USB so that you can plug in other kinds of devices or another iPhone. You can even charge both devices at once, although that will obviously deplete the charger much faster.
Here are some more details via the Amazon listing (41 Amazon customers give the charger an average of 4.5 stars):
- The built-in Apple Lightning Connector has been licensed by Apple so it is 100% compatible with Apple new iphone SE, iphone 6s plus, iphone 6s, iphone 6, iphone 5, ipad air, ipad mini devices and it means you don’t need to bring an extra cable.
- Compatible with Android: The Separate USB outport 2.4A not only for charging Android Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, HTC, LG and more usb charged devices, but also for charging Apple Devices. Note need to plug in your own charging cable. So the dual output enables you to charge two devices(iPhone/iPad + Android phone/iPhone) at full speed simultaneously.
- The high capacity of 13000mAh ensures your Apple devices fully charged whenever and wherever.
- Premium microchips create high-quality portable charger with 7 layers of smart safety protection circuit; offering 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery.
- What You Get: OLALA MFi 13000mAh Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, User Manual, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.