All Prime members (free trial) will be able to take part in Amazon’s Prime Day festivities, but it’s the savvy shoppers with an Amazon.com Visa Rewards card who will be able to secure some of the biggest overall discounts. Members are eligible for an additional $30 off any purchase (shipped and sold by Amazon.com, excluding gift cards) of $150 or more on Prime Day only.
Even better, new members who apply and are approved for the card prior to July 10th (full details below) will also receive a free $50 Amazon gift card as a sign up bonus. The combination of those offers yields $80 in free Amazon credit. Just keep in mind the extra Prime Day savings are only activated when you pay with your card. However, you can place a separate order the same day using your bonus gift card to knock $50 off another deal.
Existing members don’t need to do anything except wait patiently for Prime Day to arrive. In addition to the exclusive Prime Day offer, this no annual fee credit card also offers 3% back on all Amazon purchases every day of the year. Note: The Amazon Store Card does not qualify for this promotion, but cardholders will still receive 5% back on their Prime Day orders.
Here’s how new and existing members can take advantage of the $30 off $150 Prime Day offer:
What to do prior to Prime Day to be eligible for this offer:
- Customers who do not have the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card must apply, and be approved, for the card at amazon.com/rewards prior to July 10, 2016. Customers who are approved will receive a reminder email from Amazon prior to Prime Day with the promotion code. Please note, not all customers who apply for the credit card will be approved and some may be approved after July 9, 2016.
- If you have the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card then you’re already eligible for the offer.
How to redeem this offer on Prime Day:
- On Prime Day, add $150 or more of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your cart.
- Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card as your payment method at checkout.
- Enter VISA30 as a promotional code at checkout.
- Place your order.
For full details, click here.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.