iRobot has been a major player in the robot vacuum space for a while now. While its offerings tend to be on the pricey side of things, there is a certain quality and trust attached to the Roomba name with just about all models receiving solid reviews from customers. But with the release of the newest 900-series Roomba, iRobot is looking to provide customers with a more affordable model in its upper tier SKU.
Head below for more details:
The 980 model carries a $900 MSRP (or less on Amazon), but the new 960 knocks a couple hundred dollars off to land at around $700. Certainly not cheap, but a nice price drop compared to the older sibling. You can expect a similar experience as the 980, but with a few adjustments to warrant the lesser price tag. Those include about half the battery time (75 mins) and a previous generation cleaning system found in less expensive models. Which, in most cases, will not be an issue as the company’s $350+ priced models are just as popular among consumers.
However, it will still feature all of the advancements in mapping and navigation (with visual localization) the company has been making over the past few years, as well as smartphone connectivity. You can expect automatic charging, cloud-connected scheduling and more:
Just press CLEAN and Roomba gets on with the hard work. It seamlessly navigates around clutter to clean any room and under most furniture. Roomba 880 detects high concentrations of dirt, dust and pet hair and performs focused cleaning where it’s needed most.
Roomba 880 is helpful for pet owners and it’s also virtually maintenance-free. You don’t even need to be at home to do the cleaning! Roomba can be preset to vacuum up to seven times per week.
More New Toy of the Day:
- Pokemon Sun/Moon for Nintendo 3DS is getting its own Z-Ring bracelet peripheral
- littleBits’ new Rule Your Room kit helps kids protect their piggy bank without breaking yours
- Philips introduces new smartphone-connected Health Watch, body analyzer and more
- Hopsy’s HomeTap makes you the bartender with its online beer delivery service
- The MicroJib 2 promises to bring cinema-quality movements to your GoPro
More from iRobot:
IROBOT® ROOMBA® 960 FULL SPECIFICATIONS
- Cleans an entire level of your home: iAdapt® 2.0 Navigation with Visual Localization helps Roomba 960 to seamlessly and efficiently navigate an entire level of your home and keep track of its location.
- Automatically recharges and resumes until the job is done: Roomba 960 runs continuously for up to 75 mins*, then automatically recharges and resumes cleaning to complete the entire job.
- Seamless and efficient navigation for multiple rooms: Uses a high-efficiency cleaning pattern and a full suite of sensors to adapt to real world clutter and furniture for thorough coverage.
- Detects dirt that could go missing: Uses optical and acoustic sensors to detect high concentrations of dirt, dust, and pet hair, and then performs focused cleaning where it’s needed most.
- Cleans under sofa and chairs: Low-profile design allows Roomba® to clean under most furniture and kickboards, so dirt has no place to hide.
- Won’t fall down stairs: Cliff-detection sensors allow Roomba® to avoid stairs and other dangerous drop offs.
- Connect to clean from anywhere:The iRobot HOME App lets you clean and schedule conveniently – anytime, anywhere.
- App-based Support: Access to tips, tricks, and support in the palm of your hand.
- Customized Cleaning and Status Monitoring: Use the iRobot HOME App to select custom cleaning preferences and see the status of cleaning jobs.
- Handles hair with ease: Brushless extractors prevent the tangles and jams of hair and other debris, making it even easier for Roomba® to tackle daily dirt build-up.
- Cleans on a schedule: Roomba can be preset to vacuum up to seven times per week, meaning your home can stay clean every day.
- Lets you know when the bin is full: Roomba® has an indicator to let you know when the bin is getting full and needs to be emptied. You can also view the bin level and status through the iRobot HOME App.
- Cleans all floor types: Roomba® automatically adjusts to clean carpets, tile, hardwood, and laminate floors as it moves through your home.
- Automatically docks and recharges: Roomba® is always ready to clean because it automatically returns to its Home Base® between cleaning to recharge.
- Up to 50% more cleaning performance: The AeroForce® 3-Stage Cleaning System uses debris extractors and the Gen 2 motor for improved cleaning performance and lower maintenance.*
- Revolutionary cleaning technology: Dual counter-rotating extractors incorporate a durable rubber tread design that grabs dirt from any floor type while reducing hair tangles and brush maintenance.
- Up to 5x the air power*: with the Gen 2 motor.
- Sweeps wall edges and corners: The spinning side brush pushes debris into the path of the 3-stage cleaning system.
- Captures 99% of allergens, pollen, and particles: Traps particles as small as 10 microns with the AeroForce® High-Efficiency Filter.
What’s in the Box
- iRobot® Roomba® 960
- Home Base™ Charging Station
- Line Cord
- 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall® Barrier
- (2 AA Batteries included)
- 1 Extra Filter
- Extra Side Brush
- Owner’s Guide and Documentation Package
Package Dimensions: 52.1 cm x 41.9 cm x 13.3 cm
Package Weight: 13.1 lbs
Robot Dimensions: 35.0 cm x 9.1 cm
Robot Weight: 8.5 lbs
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.