In my experience you either have a powerful, reliable generator with versatile outlets or you can have a portable generator – but rarely do you get all three in one package. Today’s Gold Box challenges that notion with the 4.3-star rated Briggs and Stratton 30545 P3000 PowerSmart 3000-Watt Inverter Generator with a Home/RV 30A outlet, (4) 120-Volt AC Outlets & (1) 12-Volt DC Outlet for $880 shipped. This thing rarely drops below $1000 and usually can be found in the $1200-$1300 range.
3000W is enough to power most homes even with spikes from cooling systems and at 25% power, this thing will last 10 hours on a tank of gas – meaning it will run all night. Reviewers note that it is one of the quieter generators out there and it has a retractable handle meaning you can move it around like luggage.
- “Clean” and instant power to keep appliances and other important electronics running during a power outage
- Quieter than a traditional camping generator with enough power to start a standard RV air conditioner
- 1.5-gallon fuel tank for an impressive 10-hours of continuous operation at 25-percent load on a full tank
- (4) household outlets (1) 12-volt 30-amp locking outlet with RV adaptor, DC charging outlet and a USB port
- 2-year limited warranty
- Can not be shipped to the state of California