If you are looking to get that landline in the house for emergencies or general poor cell reception, I’ve got good news and bad news: The bad news is that most cable/ISPs are now using VoIP instead of copper lines for homes meaning that if your power or internet goes out so does your cell service. The good news is that you can skip their “service” by installing a 4/5 star rated Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service for $63 shipped as part of Amazon’s Gold Box which matches the all time low. This is Amazon’s #1 best seller and requires that you only pay taxes and fees on service.
I have an Ooma which I use for Google Voice land line and it works really well.
- Crystal-clear nationwide calling for free and low international rates. Pay only monthly applicable taxes and fees.
- #1 rated home phone service for overall satisfaction and value by a leading consumer research publication.
- Ooma Telo seamlessly interacts with your favorite smart products like Amazon Echo and Nest to make your home safer and more convenient than ever before.
- PureVoice HD delivers superior voice quality for a consistently great calling experience.
- Includes nationwide calling, voicemail, caller-ID, call-waiting, 911 calling and text alerts.
- Download the Ooma Mobile HD app and take your Ooma service on-the-go.
- Easy install in minutes; works with your high-speed Internet and any home phone.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links