Pre-orders on the highly anticipated SNES Classic Edition remake sold out very quickly after going live for a brief time at Walmart in the middle of the night and nearly crashing the GameStop website yesterday. As if we weren’t excited enough already, Nintendo has now dropped a new retro-infused trailer for its miniature Super Nintendo…
Not that it needed to or anything, but Nintendo has done a great job here. The 90’s-like trailer shows off the upcoming hardware in true retro fashion. It is corny in just the right way. From the vintage graphics to the metal driven gameplay montage, this makes us want one of these things even more than before.
Packed with 21 classics including the never before released StarFox 2, the $79.99 SNES Classic Edition will surely be one of the most sought after products out there, until Nintendo decides to stop making them anyway. To make sure you get a jump on preorders be sure to follow 9to5Toys on Twitter and bookmark the following listings:
SNES Classic Edition Pre-Order Listings:
And here’s today’s Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Features Trailer:
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System™: Super NES Classic Edition has the original look and feel, only smaller, and pre-loaded with 21 games!
The new SNES Classic Edition will officially release on September 29th for $79.99, but judging by the way pre-orders are rolling out, it will remain very difficult to get one even after they launch.
More Gaming News, Updates and Deals:
- Xbox One X pre-orders are now live at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, more!
- Hands-on with Colorware’s custom controllers for Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PS4
- Get some free Xbox money with gift cards at 10% off on Amazon
- Here’s the brand new Super Nintendo-themed 3DS XL handheld
- Square is bringing Final Fantasy XV to iOS and Android [Video]
- Today’s Best Game Deals: Dishonored 2 $25, Nier Automata from $32, more
- Nintendo unveils the new Splatoon 2 Switch bundle for North America
- TEKKEN fighting game series comes to iOS and Android [Video]
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links