Amazon offers the Sphero BB-9E App-enabled Droid for $134 shipped. That’s a $16 savings off the original price and the first discount that we’ve seen since it was announced at IFA. You can also pick up the new R2-D2 for $169 (Reg. $179) at Amazon. Reviews on Sphero’s iPhone-controlled droids are solid across the board. I had the chance to play around with these toys at my local Apple store this weekend for the first time. It’s a pretty cool product. I was pleasantly surprised by the build-quality and responsiveness to the app.
Sphero BB-9E Features:
- Authentic movement – whether you’re driving or on Patrol, bb-9e rolls just like on-screen.
- Holographic simulation – explore the star Wars galaxy with the app and the Droid trainer.
- Droid-to-Droid Experience – Watch BB-9E interact with other Star Wars App-enabled Droids by Sphero.
- Watch With Me – View films from the Star Wars saga with BB-9E by your side.
- Signature LEDs – BB-9E’s dome is equipped with vibrant LED lights.
Meet the First Order’s new menace from Star Wars: The Last Jedi, BB-9E. This Sphero App-Enabled Droid houses sophisticated tech to support the First Order in eliminating galactic threats. This vigilant and intimidating astromech droid is always on high alert.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links