Amazon is offering the GE Z-Wave Plus Wireless Smart Light Switch for $30.60 shipped. That’s good for $9 off the going rate as well as at other retailers like Home Depot, matches our previous mention and returns the price to an Amazon all-time low. Rated 3.9/5 stars.
GE’s smart light switch requires a hub in order to bring smartphone and voice control to your home’s lighting. If you don’t already have a Z-Wave compatible device, our top entry-level pick is the Samsung SmartThings hub. If you’re looking for a more comprehensive system, we couldn’t recommend Abode enough for both smart home control and security.
GE Z-Wave Plus Smart light switch features:
- Wirelessly control on/off functions of overhead lighting with your mobile device or computer using any Z-Wave certified gateway.
- Works well with all LED, CFL, halogen, and incandescent bulbs and other devices. It must be connected to a supported hub in order to interact with the Amazon Alexa.
- Up to 50% improved wireless range, 250% faster processor, 400% more memory and energy efficiency over Z-Wave Classic products.
- Requires in-wall installation with hard-wired connections – neutral wire required. Includes white and light almond paddles that will match most standard wall plates (wall plate not included).
- Requires a Z-Wave certified gateway – Compatable with the following Z-Wave certified Hubs: SmartThings, Pulse, Trane, Wink, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Smart Security, Harmony, Vera, Connect and Iris. Works with Alexa for voice control (hub Required, Alexa device and hub sold separately).