Speakers: PreSonus 4.5″ Powered Studio Monitors $163 (Reg. $200), JBL Loft 30 4″ Bookshelfs $35 (Orig. $130)
Justin Kahn - Jun. 25th 2015 11:05 am ET
Update (6/26 11:45am): Amazon has now dropped the price even further on PreSonus monitors to $149.99 shipped (the lowest we can find).
Today, Amazon is offering the PreSonus Eris E4.5 2-Way Powered Studio Monitors (pair) for $162.13 shipped. These speakers still go for the $200 they were originally listed at from most retailers including Guitar Center, bringing you a savings of around $38. While you won’t be able to take them with you as easily as these discounted UE Mini Booms, it is sometimes nice to have a solid set of desktop speakers for your home or office setup. They are rated 4.7/5 stars from over 50 Amazon customers.
- 4.5 inch Kevlar low frequency transducer
- 1 inch 25mm ultra low mass silk dome high frequency transducer
- 50 watt class ab amplification 25w side
- Midrange 6 db continuously variable HF 6db continuously variable High Pass off 80 Hz 100 Hz
- Acoustic Space settings flat -2 -4 db for accurate mixing contour
- RF interference output current limiting over temperature transient and susonic protection
Next up, JBL via Newegg has the JBL Loft 30 Two-Way 4-inch Bookshelf speakers (pair) for $34.88 shipped. That’s $95 under the original listing, $22 better than Amazon, and the best price we can find. Most used and refurbished prices start at $55. These monitors are rated 4.5/5 stars on Amazon.
- 10 – 100 watts suggested amplifier range
- 4 (100mm) PolyBass woofer
- 1 (25mm) soft dome tweeter with EOS waveguide
- FreeFlow port technology
- Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design