Trust me, you don’t want to get your Christmas shopping done at the mall or worse, Walmart. So listen carefully. For many stores, this week marks your last chance to place orders with free shipping and still get them in time for Christmas.
Luckily, Amazon has extended its holiday shipping cutoffs. The updated timeline is as follows:
- Dec. 19: Free Shipping (order as late as 11:59 p.m. EST)
- Dec. 22: Two-Day Shipping (Free with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 23: One-Day Shipping (As low as $2.99 per item with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 24: Same-Day Delivery (order as late as 10:00 a.m. local time; $5.99 per shipment with Amazon Prime)
- Dec. 25: Give the gift of Prime or send an Amazon.com Gift Card
Everyone can place orders with free shipping through December 19th and still expect to receive the items by December 25th. Otherwise, expedited shipping is going to cost you extra. Prime members (free trial available) can procrastinate up until December 22nd and their free 2-day shipping benefits will cover any additional fees. Starting Decemeber 23rd, all Amazon buyers will need to pay extra for one-day shipping. After that, your only options are same-day delivery or opt for a downloadable present like Prime or gift cards.
Head below for a lengthy list of holiday shipping cutoff dates and free shipping details for major online retailers: expand full story