Japanese interactive dictionary app goes free for the first time in years (Reg. $7)
Justin Kahn - Nov. 20th 2015 8:51 am ET
The popular interactive Japanese/English dictionary app Japanese has gone free on the App Store. This is a premium app that regularly goes for $7 and hasn’t been free since October of 2013. Rated 4/5 stars from nearly 1,600 reviewers.
This Japanese/English dictionary is massive, yet easily fits inside your iPhone or iPad. Contains more than 174,650 entries and 52,000 examples, as well as stroke order animations for kanji and kana. Japanese works completely offline, an internet connection is not required. Updates are free.
- Extremely fast startup and search
- Search either English-Japanese or Japanese-English
- Results are sorted by relevance. The best match appears at the top, so you can reach the right word quickly
- Begins-with (“free” to find “freely”), exact match (“free”) or ends-in search (“free” to find “carefree”)
- Enter Japanese words in the Latin alphabet
- Entering conjugated forms (ex. 食べます tabemasu) will find the proper dictionary entry (食べる taberu)
- Enter a number to see its Japanese pronunciation
iOS Universal: Japanese: FREE (Reg. $7)