expiredDaily Deals: GreenWorks 80V 21-inch Pro Electric Cordless Lawn Mower $233, Samsung 27-inch LED 1080p Monitor $190, more
Jared Weintraub - Apr. 9th 2016 9:12 am ET
In today’s Daily Deals, we have Amazon Gold Box up to 61% off Greenworks 80V Tools and batteries. If you’ve considered turning your lawn equipment to electric, today’s the day. Electric vs. gas is quieter, has little vibration, doesn’t stink, has no fire risk or poisoning risk, is much lighter, charges cleanly and obviously requires no Oil/Gas mixing/pouring…oh and you aren’t being a douchebag to the environment.
80V is about double or quadruple the standard 20V or 40V power of normal electric lawn equipment and is usually extremely expensive (think of this as the Tesla of garden tooling). Our standout pick here is the GreenWorks 80V 21-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower (Charger not Included) for $232.60 shipped. This is a beast of an electric motor that will keep up with a gas motor and clearly beat it in many situations. You have a choice between 2Ah ($85) and 4Ah batteries ($194) and charger ($45) sold separately, also on sale.
- Up to 60 minutes of run time with fully charged 4AH battery – battery not included
- DigiPro brushless motors are more reliable and delivers gas equivalent performance
- Smart-Cut Technology improves performance and extends run-time
- 21-inch steel deck with 3-in-1 design for mulch, side discharge or rear bag capability
- Battery and charger sold separately, compatible battery and charger models GBA80200, GBA80400 and GCH8040
The mower is rated 4.4/5 stars from over 50 Amazon shoppers.
There are other Pro level 80V electric lawn equipment on sale at Amazon including a ChainSaw ($137), HedgeTrimmer ($115), String Trimmer ($119) and Leaf Blower ($68). Each of these requires at least one of the 2Ah ($85) and 4Ah batteries ($194) and charger ($45). For those thinking ahead an 80V Snowblower is $130.
Again, our recommendation for those transitioning to electric yard products is buy one of each battery and whatever lawn equipment you need so that you can switch batteries between the tools. Each battery lasts an hour and can be charged within an hour so you can use it constantly. I personally have a Greenworks lawnmower, chainsaw and corded snowblower which all work well. Batteries switch between products easily – you are buying into the ecosystem.
More new deals for today:
Samsung 27-inch LED 1080p Monitor $190 (Orig. $220) | Staples
- Polk Audio One Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer $180 (Orig. $300) | Best Buy
- Projecta Versatol 77″ Tripod Projector Screen $60 (Orig. $120) | Best Buy
- RCA Universal Streaming Remote $6 (Orig. $10) | Best Buy
- Apple iPad Mini WiFi 16GB (Refurb) $140 (Orig. $500) | A4C
- Onkyo 7.2-Ch Receiver w/ JBL Studio 3-Way Speakers $949 (Orig. $1,400) | Worldwide Stereo
Continue on for more details on today’s top product and a roundup of our best deals: