Solid State Drives: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB $160, Transcend SATA III 256GB $90, Crucial 960GB $325, more
Jared Weintraub - Jan. 20th 2015 1:36 pm ET
Amazon is offering the Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SATA III Internal SSD for a low $159.99 shipped. That’s $40 off the list price and the lowest we’ve seen it at a 1st tier retailer.
- Sequential read and write performance up to 550 megabytes per second (MB/s) and 520MB/s respectively, and random read and write input/output operations-per-second (IOPS) up to 100,000 and 90,000 each.
- Class-leading performance — enables you to boot up your computer in as little as 15 seconds
- Energy efficient – Features Device Sleep mode for Ultranotebooks and improves battery life by up to 45 minutes vs. standard hard drives
- Worry-free data security with AES 256-bit encryption, Microsoft Bitlocker and TCG / Opal 2.0 support
- 100-percent genuine Samsung components from the #1 memory manufacturer in the world
- 5th-generation 3-Core Samsung MEX Controller ensures sustained performance under the most punishing conditions
- Enhanced endurance and reliability – Backed by an industry-leading 10-year limited warranty and 150TBW rating
- Perfect for hardcore gamers, mobile users or content creators (like professional animators, video editors, photographers and game developers) who crave the ultimate in performance and productivity
We also found the 256GB Transcend 2.5″ SATA III MLC Solid State Drive SSD for $89.99 from Newegg. That’s $50 off the list price and the lowest we could find for it.
At Other World Computing you can find select Crucial SSDs and kits on sale with free shipping: