Monitors: Acer 27-inch HD Widescreen $480 shipped (Reg. $550+), Dell 24-inch HD LED $210 shipped (Reg. $270)
Justin Kahn - Jan. 23rd 2015 11:33 am ET
We have noticed a couple nice 27 and 24-inch monitor deals today at Amazon and Newegg. Both of which are matching or beating the lowest prices we’ve seen, have received 4+ star ratings on Amazon and come with free shipping:
- Acer 27” HD Widescreen Monitor (XB270H Abprz) $479.99 (Reg. $550+) | Amazon
- Rated 5/5 stars from 16 reviewers
- Dell 23.8″ HD LED Monitor (U2414H) $209.99 w/ code EMCAKNP44 (Reg. $270+) | Newegg
- Rated 4.3/5 stars from 152 reviewers
Customer Review: Acer 27” HD Widescreen Monitor
Pros:For those wanting to know some information about this monitor, I’m reposting my initial review from Newegg, since there are basically no reviews for this monitor here yet.
1. Now more than ever with the release of Nvidia Driver 344.48, this Acer should be a Gamers first choice. This driver contains a utility called “Dynamic Super Resolution” (DSR). This function, when turned on, allows the screen to render a game through “out of range resolutions”. So in short, when enabled, this feature will render any game such as, BF4 in 2560×1440 all the way up to 3840×2160, on this 1920×1080 Acer Xb270haprz etc. Albeit, it is scaled down but none the less, DSR is the true game changer. All those holding out for ROG Swift can now upgrade to this monitor at a reduced price, when compared to Swift and still be able to game all the way up to 4K with the inclusion of DSR.
2.Huge size, makes BF4 players much bigger, first time I fired up the game, I said H.O.L.Y!! WOW!!
3.Connected right up, no Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit issues to speak of.
4.Screen is absolutely beautiful and naysayers are selling you and almost me on hype that 1080P @ 27″, is no good. At $600.00 this monitor is definitely worth the price.
5.Take it from me, the pickiest person on the planet to please, this display is awesomeness wrapped in wowness!! <– made up word
1.Some games do not support G-sync, “The Evil Within” has a new playable demo on Steam and G-sync would not activate for it.
2.G-Sync does in fact cause some issues on this monitor. I have since reverted the display to 120hz which disables G-sync ability on the monitor, regardless of the feature being turned on in the driver, I have since disabled the driver options too. With G-sync enabled in the Nvidia control panel, an issue that may crop up with the 334.11 driver can cause black screens when in games and during some PC boot ups. It should be noted, I since reattempted to enable G-sync with the new 344.48 driver and although there are still some issues, I have not seen the black screen return…