ASUS announced today the exclusive pre-order for the highly-anticipated PQ321Q True 4K UHD monitor. Starting Today, US consumers will be able to pre-order the world’s first consumer 4K monitor through Amazon at an introductory MSRP of $3,499 USD ($300 off the announced price). What’s important here is the panel which is a Sharp IGZO 4K panel, one of the best we’ve ever seen.
The PQ321Q True 4K UHD Monitor, a desktop display with a stunning Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, delivers a screen resolution equivalent to four Full HD displays combined. It has a 31.5-inch LED-backlit 4K Ultra HD display (140 pixels-per-inch) with a 16:9 aspect ratio, and supports 10-bit RGB ‘deep color’ for vibrant images with more natural transitions between hues. Asus will begin shipping on July 16th.
The ASUS PQ321Q True 4K UHD Monitor uses cutting-edge Indium Galliu
m Zinc Oxide (IGZO) rather than traditional amorphous silicon for the active layer of its LCD panel. IGZO panels support much smaller transistors than amorphous silicon, enabling much smaller pixels. This allows the PQ321Q to have four times the amount of pixels compared to a 1920 x 1080 Full HD display. Despite the increase in pixels, the PQ321Q offers peace of mind by coming with a 30-day Zero Bright Dot warranty.
To ensure the ultimate visual experience, 176-degree wide viewing angles on both vertical and horizontal planes minimize onscreen color shift, while the 350cd/m² brightness rating and 8ms gray-to-gray response time ensure smooth, bright, and vibrant moving visuals. IGZO technology also gives reduced energy consumption compared to amorphous silicon and reduces bulk, maximizing your available space. At 35mm at its thickest point, the PQ321Q is not only the first True 4K UHD consumer monitor but also the thinnest available today.
Comprehensive Video Inputs for UHD Content
The ASUS PQ321Q True 4K UHD Monitor features DisplayPort and dual HDMI ports with Picture-by-Picture support. DisplayPort’s Multi Stream Transport mode allows 60Hz refresh rates at 3840 x 2160 resolution using graphics cards from NVIDIA, AMD, and integrated video from 4th Generation Intel Core processors. Built-in 2W stereo speakers remove the need for additional desktop clutter and, in addition to being wall-mountable, the monitor stand offers full height, swivel, and tilt adjustments.Specifications:
- Model: PQ321Q
- DISPLAY PANEL: 31.5″ (80.1 cm), 3840×2160, IGZO WLED Backlit, 0.182mm Pixel Pitch
- DISPLAY COLORS: 1073.7 million colors /100% sRGB/80% NTSC CIE1976 / 72% NTSC CIE1931
- BRIGHTNESS: Min < 80cd/m2 Max: 350cd/m2
- CONTRAST RATIO: Native 800:1
- VIEWING ANGLE (CR ? 10): Horizontal: 176° / Vertical: 176°
- RESPONSE TIME: 8ms (GTG)
- LOOK-UP TABLE: 14 bit LUT
- COLOR AND GAMMA: Standard, Vivid, and sRGB color modes. 18 levels of color temperature 3K-10K in 500K increments.
- 5 Gamma Modes: 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4, Standard
- VIDEO I/O: DisplayPort 1.2, 2x HDMI 1.4, RS-232C
- AUDIO I/O: 2W x 2 stereo, 3.5mm In, 3.5mm Out (for HDMI and DP only)
- HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT: 0 ~ 150mm / 0 – 5.9″
- PIVOT / SWIVEL / TILT: Swivel +45° to -45° / Tilt +25° to -5°
- FEATURES: Picture-by-Picture, Screen/OSD Rotate, Kensington Lock
- VESA WALL MOUNT: 100mm x 100mm
- DIMENSION (WxHxD): 750 x 489 x 256 mm (with stand) / 29.5 x 19.2 x 10 inches (with stand)
- NET WEIGHT: 13Kg / 28.6lbs
- REGULATORY APPROVALS: UL/cUL, FCC, ICES, RoHS, WEEE, Windows 7 and 8 WHQL
- MAX. POWER CONSUMPTION: Operating ? 93W / Standby < 6W / Low Power < 1W
- ACCESSORIES: DisplayPort cable, Power Cord, RS-232C conversion cable, Warranty card, Cable Tie
- MSRP: $3,499 USD
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links