Professional Instagrammers, covert photographers, and anyone else looking for the next best smartphone camera accessory – this tiny “Spy Lens” magnetically attaches to your phone camera to give you a full 360-degrees of image capturing ability so it’s just as practical as a swivel screen camera.
Even if your phone is face down you can still shoot straight ahead, which turns any surface into tripod for your device.
WHY WE LOVE IT
This attachment lets you take pictures of stuff 90 degrees to your immediate right or left. So imagine this: you’re on the subway pretending to have a phone conversation, but you’re actually taking a picture of that guy picking his nose next to you without him noticing – prime meme or Instagram material right there.
OR, if you’re feeling particularly sneaky, this lens makes periscopic photographs around a corner possible, so all you 007’s in training can see… without being seen. Or if you’re tired of holding your phone at an awkward angle to get a great top-down shot of that beautifully laid out meal you’re about to devour – this lens solves that problem, too.
It’s just one of those fun camera accessories you’ll keep finding interesting and creative uses for – a great gift that keeps on giving!
- Easy magnetic attachment
- As practical as a swivel-screen camera
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- One (1) Spy Lens
- Three (3) magnetic rings compatible with iPhone 4/5/5s
- Three (3) magnetic rings compatible with Android phones
- What is lens compatibility? – Lenses work with all iPhones, iPods, iPads, Androids.
- What about my old-gen iDevice with a curved back? – Lenses work with the iPhone 3G/S and the iPod 5, just not as well as with iPhone 4 and above. The curve causes the fisheye and wide angle lens to be seen in photos, but nothing that you can’t crop out. The macro lens doesn’t have this issue, however. The iPod 5 has a raised lens, so the Android ring must be used, unfortunately covering your mic, but unless you’re taking video, it won’t be a problem!
- I want to remove the ring, how do I do that? – Simply lift it off and wipe off the area with a dampened cloth to remove any sticky residue.
- Ring size? – The rings are 13.06mm (outer) and 9.38mm (inner). If your phone’s lens has a smaller diameter, it’ll work perfectly.
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links