Update (9/26 11:45am): The price has now dropped to $125 shipped via Amazon. While it has 1-3 month wait time on it now, you can still lock the discounted price in.
Amazon has the Pioneer DDJ-SB Performance DJ Controller for $239 shipped (matched at Guitar Center). That’s $60 or 20% under the original price, $10 better than Pioneer direct and matching the best price we’ve seen for this highly rated DJ controller. Additionally, if you don’t mind a pre-owned model, ZZounds has a blemished model for $204.95.
Along with Pioneer’s long history as a DJ/audio gear maker, this controller features:
- 2-channel performance DJ controller/mixer packaged with Serato DJ Intro software
- USB Powered with built-in sound card
- Large jog wheels for precise scratching and mixing capabilities
- Filter Fade function for extremely smooth blending transitions when using the cross-fader
- 4 rubber performance pads per deck provide Hot Cue, Auto Loop, Manual Loop and Sampler functions
It has received a 4.5/5 star rating and sits as the #1 Best Selling DJ controller on Amazon. With your savings, Pioneer has a number of DJ accessories including controller stands and remix deck controllers. Amazon is also offering up to 30% or more off select iOS compatible music gear right now.
More details from Pioneer:
Pioneer’s DDJ-SB 2-channel DJ controller is designed for use with Serato® DJ Intro software. The DDJ-SB features similar operability as Pioneer’s extremely popular DDJ-SX and recently announced DDJ-SR. More compact and portable than the other models, the DDJ-SB is designed for the entry-level DJ who wants the same look and fell as the upper models but with more basic operability and at a more affordable price. The DDJ-SB uses the Serato DJ Intro software and incorporates four performance pads, large jog wheels, and a new Filter Fade function that assists users in smoothly blending together tracks of different styles.
MIXING WITH SERATO
- Serato DJ Intro – The DDJ-SB is packaged with Serato DJ Intro software and its layout mirrors Serato DJ Intro’s interface, so getting hands on with the controller’s tactile buttons and dials soon become second nature. Serato DJ Intro provides an out-of-the-box experience with Hot Cue, Auto Loop, Sampler and other cool effects. For expanded functionalities and effects, the controller can be used with Serato DJ (optional, paid software) offering users the ability to arrange tracks using Slip Mode, access various effect functions available from iZotope®, and record tracks with DJ mixes using the record function.
- Performance Pads – Four rubber “performance pads” enable DJs to trigger Hot Cue, Auto Loop, Manual Loop and Sampler, while a further four pads give immediate access to Play, Cue, Sync and Shift functions.
- Filter Fade – The new Filter Fade function takes mixing with the crossfader beyond simply fading the volume on one channel up and the other down. By hitting the Filter Fade button, DJs can add two high pass filters to the crossfader. This allows both volume and base filter to be manipulated using just one hand. Seamless mixing becomes effortless, and DJs can use their spare hand to unleash their creativity, triggering samples, loops and cues.
- Professional Design – For a stylish and sophisticated look and feel, the DDJ-SB sports the same premium look as its big brothers, including large (112mm) aluminum jog plates.
- USB Power – The controller can be powered through the USB connection to a laptop.
- Built-in Sound Card (audio interface) – Simple connection to a laptop with a single USB cable.
- Integrated Handles – The controller features grip handles on each side for added convenience.
For more info, tips and tricks, demo videos and forums visit pioneerdjusa.com
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.