Update: No longer available for shipping but available at many stores via Site-to-store.
Originally released in June 2012, this model features a 1.7GHz dual-core Intel processor, 4GB of RAM, 64GB SSD, and a 1366×768 resolution.
This deal nets you a 64GB MacBook for the same prices as a 32GB iPad Air. We’ve seen this deal pop up a couple times over the past few months and it always sells out quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
(1) What are Apple Certified Refurbished Products? Apple Certified Refurbished Products are pre-owned Apple products that undergo Apple’s stringent refurbishment process prior to being offered for sale. While only some units are returned due to technical issues, all units undergo Apple’s stringent quality refurbishment process.
They are in 100% working condition, and are then sold as refurbished product. As these refurbished products have been unpacked and manipulated, they might however exhibit some minor cosmetic imperfection, such as scratches, marks or discolorations.
Each Apple Certified Refurbished Product:
is fully tested (including full burn-in testing). is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing. is put through a thorough cleaning process and inspection. is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.). includes either the Mac OS originally shipped with the unit or, in some cases, a more recent version*. is given a new refurbished part number and serial number. is placed into a Final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock. Refurbishment procedures follow the same basic technical guidelines as Apple’s Finished Goods testing procedures.
(2) What should I expect when I purchase an Apple Certified Refurbished Product? Substantial savings A fully functional unit with complete documentation The assurance that the unit meets Apple’s premiere quality standards, and that its defective components have been replaced by genuine Apple components
(3) Can I purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for my Apple Certified Refurbished Product? All Apple Certified Refurbished Products are covered by a one-year limited warranty. For extended coverage, you have the option of purchasing the AppleCare Protection Plan with your Apple Certified Refurbished Product. The AppleCare Protection Plan extends the complimentary coverage on your Apple Certified Refurbished Product to up to three years of world-class support for Mac, and up to two years of world-class support for iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV.
(4) A refurbished item that I wanted is no longer available. How can I ensure that I get an item when it’s in stock? Refurbished supply is usually very limited and we often run out of refurbished inventory. We recommend that you act quickly if you see an item that you like. A product will be reserved for you once you’ve completed checking out and we’ve received full authorized payment. Please note that some payment methods take longer than others and that availability of a refurbished product is not guaranteed until we receive your full payment.
* Specific configurations may come with a more current version of Mac OS than was available originally.