A snippet from our review:
I’ve had LifeProof’s new Fre iPhone 6 case since it debuted last month and have put it through all kinds of torture tests, most notably my three-year-old who likes to watch Ben and Holly in the bath tub and six-year-old who sees no problem sled riding and skiing with a smartphone (Read: GPS tracking device).
The bottom line? It continues to protect from everything. Lots of drops, dirt, water, snow. Pretty much anything…
Amazon reviewers tend to side with our thoughts on the case, giving it a 3.5 out of 5 star rating.
Keep in mind that many third party Lightning cables are not compatible with it. If you’ve lost or destroyed the original cable that came with your iPhone, then you may want to invest in a new one that’ll definitely work with your new LifeProof case.
Need tough protection for your iPhone 6 without waterproof capabilities? Amazon still has OtterBox iPhone 6/Plus cases starting at $22.
- Water Proof: Fully submersible to 6.6′ / 2 m for 1 hour
- Dirt Proof: Sealed from dirt & dust particles – meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating
- Snow Proof: Sealed from snow & ice – meets or exceeds IP-68 Ingress Protection Rating
- Shock Proof: Withstands drops from 6.6′ / 2 m – meets or exceeds MIL STD 810F-521
- Note: Not compatible with 30-pin to Lightning Adapters or the majority of non-Apple branded USB to Lightning cables