Of the major HDMI stick media players, Amazon’s Fire TV Stick is the one that we see the least amount of deals for. Sure there was the insane $20 launch promo and the free offer with Sling TV (still available), but aside from those deals there really hasn’t been any other opportunity to grab one at a discounted price. However, it looks like Amazon wants its diminutive streaming media player in the hands of dads this Father’s Day since it has just dropped down to $34 at Amazon, Best Buy, and Staples.
Chromecast is usually the go-to choice when it comes to streaming sticks, but Amazon Fire TV offers a couple features that Google’s player doesn’t: Fire TV Stick has a robust 8GB of storage for downloading games/apps, a dedicated physical remote control, and integrated voice search. It’s also really popular with buyers having garnered a 4.2 out of 5 star rating from 42,197 reviewers.
- Fire TV Stick connects to your TV’s HDMI port. It’s an easy way to enjoy over 200,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, HBO GO, and Hulu Plus, plus games, music, and more
- 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory and ASAP so the movies and shows you like start instantly
- Fire TV Stick comes with a dedicated remote and remote app with all the controls you need to easily search, watch, and play games
- With voice search on the free remote app or optional Fire TV Voice Remote, simply say what you want to watch and start enjoying in seconds
- Fire TV Stick lets you mirror your phone or tablet to your TV, or fling favorite apps to free up your small screen for other uses
- Play favorites like Flappy Birds Family, Toy Story: Smash It!, Monsters University, and more great games
- Amazon Prime customers get unlimited access to popular movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Video, including The HBO Collection and original shows like Transparent, plus Prime Music
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links