Amazon is offering the Novation Launchkey Mini USB Keyboard Controller for $79.99 shipped. That’s a 20% price drop and matching the holiday pricing we saw late last year. We are also seeing this price drop at Sweetwater, but it hasn’t made its way to Guitar Center just yet. Rated 4+ stars from over 180 Amazon customers.
The Novation Launchkey Mini USB Keyboard (MK2 Version) for Mac/PC is one of the best compact MIDI controllers on the market. Especially considering the built-in pads and transport controls (play, stop, etc.). It works as a basic keyboard controller for any DAW, but is specifically designed with Ableton Live in mind. However, you can configure it for Logic Pro X.
Novation Launchkey Mini USB Keyboard Controller Features:
- Launchkey Mini – the mini keyboard for Ableton Live
- 16 velocity-sensitive multi-color pads
- 8 knobs, dedicated navigation and control buttons
- Software for Mac and PC, Including: Ableton Live Lite, XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Novation Bass Station and V Station virtual instruments and over 4GB of Loopmasters samples
- Make dynamic beats, play like an instrument and mix without losing focus and ontrol any effect or instrument mid-performance to add expressive effects like reverb or filters
Launchkey Mini makes it easy and fun to produce music in Ableton Live. All the controls work as soon as you plug it in.
We put 16 pads along the top, which you can use to launch clips and play beats. They light up to show you when clips are loaded, playing, and recording and we laid them out to match your Ableton Live session view; one row to launch clips, and one row to stop them.
You can also easily tweak your instruments using eight high-quality knobs, and sketch out ideas on a 25-note mini keyboard with a fast synth-style action that makes it really nice to play.
25-note velocity-sensitive mini keyboard, with fast synth-style action. All the controls are laid out intuitively and work immediately. Trigger clips and play drums using 16 velocity-sensitive multicolored pads. Compact, lightweight and bus-powered, tough enough to survive the roughest gigs. USB bus-powered and totally class-compliant, so it works straight away without any drivers. Just plug in and play…Get automatic hands-on control of other DAWs, including FL Studio.