Keeping all your cables managed, both those in and around your desk and those you need stored away for infrequent use or traveling, can be quite a task. While there are some you will be using all the time, others are better off stowed away or properly tied up neatly to keep your workspace free of clutter and to minimize downtime.
Head below for our roundup of the best cable management solutions for your home studio (or office) setup.
Luxury Book iPhone 7 Plus Case
Large/Extra Cables – Shelving & More
If you’re anything like me, it’s not just about keeping the all of the cables you are actually using on a daily basis organized, but also that heap of 1.4-inch and XLR leads laying around that may or may not need to be used at a moment’s notice. Some larger more robust velcro straps can be very handy in this case, but I also like to use a proper cable shaving rack.
- Middle Atlantic CLAW14 Cable Rack $19
- Belkin 19-Inch Rackmount Cable Management $14
- VELCRO Brand Double-Sided 30-Feet Strap $15
- Raxxess CBLD Cable Rack $16.50
Small Cables – Velcro Straps, Sleeves & Ties
In most cases, a package or two of velcro straps or elastic ties can be a great way to keep guitar/mic leads, USB/MIDI cables and well almost anything nice and tidy. I personally prefer to use these kinds of products in situations where I’m not constantly needing access to the cable, but rather using them to keep permanent connections nice and organized. Having said that, an elastic wrap or two for your backpack or when traveling is a must-have for me personally.
- 10-Pack Planet Waves Elastic Cable Ties $9
- 100-Pack VELCRO Brand Thin Ties (8 x 1/2-inch) $10 | Best Seller
- 5-Pack VELCRO Brand Self Gripping Cable Ties (multi-color) $3
- 50-Pack Attmu Microfiber Cable Ties $8
- Neoprene Zippered Cable Management Sleeve $15 | Best Seller
I think we all know how frustrating it can be to just throw your USB or audio cables in a backpack and then have to untangle them on the other end. When it comes to traveling or just for storing extra cables in the closet, a roll-up bag or even an organizer case is one of the best bets.
- ProCase Travel Gear Organizer Roll-Up Bag $13
- This is Ground Cordito Leather Rollups from $55
- BUBM Portable Universal Cable Roll-Up Bag $6
- BUBM Portable Universal Cable Roll-Up Bag (large) $13
- BAGSMART Travel Universal Cable Organizer $18
- This Is Ground Genuine Leather Cord Taco $16
Now some of these look a little bit less business-friendly and more geared towards home studios, but there are some options out there that will look nice on your desktop or even help to hide away cables along the side of it.