Like its previous nuud cases, the iPad mini version will bring the company’s Screenless Technology that uses a compression lock system to keep your device protected from water, dust particles and shock damage, without the need of obtrusive screen covers etc. The case is built to survive a drop of up to 4 ft., exceeding military specifications for shock and vibration protection, according to LifeProof. As for water damage, your device can be submerged underwater at up to 6.6 ft. for one hour.
nüüd protects iPad mini from plunges and fumbles while keeping the screen open for direct touch. That’s right, you can touch the touchscreen — because touchscreen should be touched! And, the barely-there design is so slim and sleek, you won’t notice it’s there, until you’re glad it is
Even with all that protection all the buttons, ports and other functionality are completely accessible. The rear camera is protected with an anti-reflective optical glass lens to ensure protection and picture quality. Additionally, there is a shoulder strap included (seen below) and a portfolio cover is now available for it in black and gray at $40. Other accessories LifeProof will be launching soon include a floating LifeJacket for $60 and a mounting cradle for $50.
New LifeProof nuud case for iPad mini: $120
“We are very excited to introduce the LifeProof nuud case for iPad mini,” Executive Vice President of Global Sales, Fredrik Torstensson said. “LifeProof nuud revolutionizes the case industry because it’s the first and only waterproof, drop proof line of cases to allow customers to touch the actual glass of their device screen, allowing for a flawless touch experience with unimpeded visual clarity.”
LifeProof nuud for Apple iPad mini features:
- Fully submersible and completely waterproof down to 6.6 ft. (2 m) for 1 hour
- Thinnest and lightest all-protective case ever made for iPad mini
- Complete access to all buttons, ports, functions and features
- Ingress Protection rated to the highest level at IP68 and completely sealed from water and dust particles
- Shock proof to Military Standard 810F-516 to withstand unexpected drops and shocks from 4 ft. (1.6 m)
- Anti-reflective optical glass lens over the rear camera delivers the sharpest images possible, with perfect flash operation
- Maximum sound output and clarity