Today, Apple’s Phil Schiller announced the new Apple iPhone 4S Worldphone. In black or white, the phones are priced at 16GB for $199, 32GB for $299, and 64GB for $399 via Sprint, Verizon, or AT&T. Improvements include:
- Apple A5 dual-core processor (purported 2x faster CPU, 7x faster graphics)
- 8-hour battery life
- dual-antenna system: 14.4Mbps data downloads (2x faster), improved call quality, both CDMA & GSM
- faster, improved 8-megapixel camera
- 1080p video with image stabilization
- AirPlay Mirroring (play an iPhone game on your TV wirelessly)
- Siri, a voice-activated assistant
The iPhone 4S will be available for preorder on October 7, with availability on October 14. Update: Earlier reported availability of December 1 was for Infinity Blade (a game).
Update: Apple’s web site has more details and photos.