Apple has now officially selected Slayin as the new Free App of the Week. This is the very first time the 8-bit inspired endless RPG has gone free for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, having been listed at $1 since it released in April of 2013. It has amassed an impressive 4.5 star rating from 27,249 reviewers in the mean time.
Head below for details on Slayin and to see the highly rated rogue-like RPG in action:
It features a rogue like approach with perma-death, a chiptune soundtrack, 6 unique playable classes, “legendary” monsters and bosses, 3 game modes and more than “a hundred challenging quests to master.”
PREPARE FOR THE WORLD’S FIRST ENDLESS ACTION RPG
Slayin will test your skills like no other endless game on the App Store. Don’t get yourself fooled by its charming retro graphics and motivating chiptune soundtrack. In this game, death lurks behind every corner!
Your task sounds all so simple. First choose from one of three heroes: knight, wizard and knave. Then slay as many monsters as possible, while leveling up and getting more powerful equipment and spells along the way. But there’s a catch: once you die, you’re gone for good!
App Store Free App of the Week: Slayin ($1 value)
More free and discounted games/apps:
***Get this $50 iTunes gift card for $40 and save even more on discounted apps and games.
- Games/Apps: BioShock Infinite Complete $8, Tomb Raider $16, iOS freebies, more
- New Games/Apps: Threes! goes free the right way, Drop the Chicken 2 50% off
- Tweetbot for Mac: $13 (Reg. $20)
- The ad-free version of Trivia Crack goes free as IGN’s iOS Game of the Month (Reg. $3)
- Here’s our first look at the official new Star Wars Uprising RPG for iOS and Android
- Agent 47 returns to iOS with the new Hitman Sniper game
FTC: 9to5Toys is reader supported, we may earn income on affiliate links